Avg. Work Experience
Avg. Cost of Study
The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) is one of the leading business schools in India and the world. It is known for its rigorous academic programs, world-class faculty, and strong alumni network.
The Master of Management Studies (Public Policy) at IIMB is a one-year postgraduate program that integrates public policy and general management skills into a single program. It was introduced in 2002 by the Centre for Public Policy (CPP), which was established by IIMB with initial support from the Department of Personnel and Training, the Government of India, and the United Nations Development Programme.
The PGPPM is designed for future leaders and professionals from the civil services and private sector who want to strengthen their public policy and managerial skills. The program curriculum covers a wide range of topics, including:
In addition to the core curriculum, PGPPM students also have the opportunity to specialize in a chosen public policy field, such as education, health, or rural development. They also participate in an international immersion program, where they learn about public policy and management practices in other countries.
The PGPPM program is highly selective, and students are admitted based on their academic merit, professional experience, and performance in the admission process. The program has a strong track record of success, and its alumni have gone on to hold senior positions in government, the private sector, and academia.
FT Rankings – India
FT Rankings – Globally
QS World University Rank
Here are some of the key benefits of the PGPPM program at IIMB:
If you are interested in a career in public policy or management, the PGPPM program at IIMB is a great option to consider. It is a rigorous and challenging program, but it will give you the skills and knowledge you need to be a successful leader in the public sector.
Cost of Tuition
Avg. Living Expenses/Quarter
The fees (in INR) for the batch of PGP 2022-24 (Domestic) is:
Fees covers Tuition, Library, Internet, Case Permission Royalty, Course Material, Hostel Room Rent and Service Charge, Medical Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance and Alumni Activity.
*Caution deposit (one time) to be paid separately at the time of registration.
|Fees for 2 years||Rs. 24,50,000|
|Caution Deposit (General)||Rs. 15,000|
|Caution Deposit (Hostel)||Rs. 5,000|
The fees indicated above, excludes Service Tax and any other tax. Such taxes, if made applicable by law, will be collected from students at the prescribed rates.
In addition to the amounts mentioned above, students will have to pay mess advance of Rs. 30,000 each term.
IIM Bangalore provides on-campus accommodation to PGPPM students. The accommodation fee for single accommodation is 1,50,000/- and for family accommodation is 3,50,000/-.
Please note that students may opt to live off-campus in the second year by making their own arrangements.
In addition to tuition and accommodation fees, PGPPM students will also need to budget for other expenses such as food, transportation, books, and personal expenses. The estimated monthly living expenses in Bangalore for a single student are around 20,000/- to 30,000/-.
Please note: These are just estimates and the actual program costs may vary depending on the individual student’s circumstances.
Most Sought-after Jobs
Business development manager
The employment prospects for Master of Management Studies (Public Policy) (PGPPM) graduates from IIM Bangalore are excellent. In 2022, 100% of PGPPM graduates were employed within 3 months of course completion. The average salary for PGPPM graduates in 2022 was 27 LPA.
PGPPM graduates are hired by a wide range of companies, including:
Here are some of the top companies that hire PGPPM graduates from IIM Bangalore:
PGPPM graduates from IIM Bangalore are in high demand due to their strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, and communication skills. They are also well-versed in public policy and management principles, which makes them ideal for a variety of roles in the public and private sectors.
If you are interested in a career in public policy or management, the PGPPM program at IIM Bangalore is a great option to consider. It is a rigorous and challenging program, but it will give you the skills and knowledge you need to be a successful leader in the public sector.
For applicants from the Government the norms would be as
notified by the DoPT.
Eligibility is Graduate
(minimum 50%) with minimum of 5 years of work experience,
preferably in a Public Policy domain as on 31 March 2020.
Selection would be on the basis of academics / experience /
performance in CAT/GMAT/GRE/IIMB Test and interview.
You may visit the official website of IIM Bangalore for more information about the eligibility criteria applicable.
ROUND – 1
ROUND – 2
ROUND – 3
Jun 20 to Aug 07, 2023
Aug 09 to Oct 09, 2023
Oct 11 to Nov 30, 2023
(5.00 p.m. IST)
Aug 26 & 27, 2023
Nov 4 & 5, 2023
Dec 16 & 17, 2023
Offers & Waitlist
September 15, 2023
November 10, 2023
January 5, 2024
Offer acceptance – Last date
September 25, 2023
November 20, 2023 (tentatively)
January 15, 2024
Withdrawal – Last date#
October 05, 2023
November 30, 2023
January 24, 2024
Note : All these dates are subject to change if required. Only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be intimated by e-mail with all the relevant details.
* Online interviews will be arranged for applicants who are outside India during the above interview dates.
Interview Process for any/all rounds may be conducted online if there is a disruption due to pandemic.
Wondering if you can target this school?
Join our live workshop
Get all your profile related questions answered.
IIMB extends financial aid to students in need of assistance. The objective of the Financial Aid Policy at IIMB is to ensure that no student is deprived of an education at the institute for financial reasons.
All PGP students with annual household income below INR 800,000 are eligible to apply for financial aid. Other students with severe financial difficulties arising from sudden unforeseen circumstances are also considered.
The Financial Aid Committee undertakes a two-step process for deciding the number of awardees and quantum of aid. In the first stage, the students are given a financial status score based on four criteria – Annual Gross Household Income (including income of the student if employed before joining IIMB and outstanding loans if any, provided they were not taken for conspicuous consumption), Household Savings, Real Estate Assets, and Other Assets.
Based on this score, some of the students are called for a personal interaction with a faculty panel. During these interactions, faculty panels evaluate the financial need of the student, as well as establish the genuineness of the details provided by the student in the application and assign a financial need score. Based on the weighted average of these two scores, applicants are provided 100%, 80%, 60%, 40% or 20% financial aid.
In addition to the Financial Aid, which is provided purely on the basis of financial need, PGP students also receive several Merit based or Merit-cum-Need based scholarships as detailed below:
1. Aditya Birla Scholarship: This merit-based scholarship is given to PGP students of both the first and the second years. The students who are granted the scholarship during the first year are eligible to apply for renewal in the second year, provided they belong to the top 25% of the batch in the first year. The scholarship amount is INR 1.75 lakh per student.
2. OPJEMS Scholarship: This merit-based scholarship is given to PGP students of second year. The first ten toppers of the second year, based on the academic performance in the first year, are eligible to apply. On the basis of an online test conducted by OP Jindal Group, one student of each academic year will be awarded. The scholarship amount is INR 1.50 lakh.
3. Citi Women’s Leader Award: This is a merit scholarship that covers the second year’s tuition expenses. Candidates are selected from the top 25% of the batch at the end of the first year. Nomination is done by the institute and the students are selected on the basis of their Statement of Purpose and subsequent interviews scheduled by Citi Group.
4. Societe Generale Global Solution Centre India Scholarship: This is a means scholarship that covers tuition expenses in full. Candidates are selected from the neediest applicants in the first year and subsequent interviews conducted by Societe Generale.
5. Siddhartha Padam Award: This scholarship is awarded to a PGP student who is on the Director’s Merit List and gets the highest CGPA in the Economics, Finance & Accounting core courses in the first year. It carries a cash prize of INR 50,000, a medallion and a certificate.
6. Runwal Education Trust Scholarship: This scholarship is given to a PGP student based on a combination of academic performances in the firth year and the student’s financial need. The scholarship carries a purse of INR 100,000, a medallion and a certificate.
7. Hindustan Unilever / T Thomas Scholarship: This merit-cum-means scholarship is given by HUL to one PGP second-year student. The scholarship of INR 1 lakh.
8. Yes Bank Scholarship: This scholarship of INR 2 lakh is open to students who are among the top 20 students as per the admission criteria, belong to the top 20% of the batch based on the current CGPA and are members of at least one student committee.
9. NTPC Scholarship Scheme: The scholarship amounts to INR 48,000 per year. Students who belong to SC/ST/PwD categories and are in their second year of management studies, having passed the first-year examination in one attempt, are eligible for the scholarship.
10. Ministry of Tribal Affairs Scholarship (ST): The Ministry of Tribal affairs, Government of India, invites applications for the National Scholarship for Higher Education for Scheduled Tribe students of PGP first year. This is a means scholarship that covers tuition expenses in full.
The program offers Core and Elective courses.
During the first year, a PGP student is required to undertake sixteen core courses and two electives (totaling 49.5 credits).
Click here for a detailed list of the courses offered.
Summer internship is scheduled between the end of the first year and the beginning of the second year. The internship is optional for students who have at least 34 months of work experience before enrolling in the program.
A PGP student should earn a minimum of 45 credits and a maximum of 51 credits in elective courses over three terms in the second year. The electives cover a wide array of topics.
Click here for a detailed list of the electives offered.
Apart from electives on functional areas, IIMB also offers different types of courses such as language courses (German, French, Spanish, and Japanese), courses with international immersion (like Business Planning in International Markets, Developing Technology Partnerships between Firms in India and Israel), and experiential courses (like the Himalayan Mountain Challenge and Motorcycle Immersion in Local Entrepreneurial Settings), based on the interest of students.
For matters relating to admission/online application, you can get in touch with the admissions office:
+91-80-26993013/3017/26581347 email: epgpadm[at]iimb[dot]ac[dot]in
Speak with our counsellor.
Interviews may be conducted via video conference provided authorization and arrangements have been confirmed with the EPGP admissions office.
Yes, a valid GMAT/GRE is mandatory. You must mention either your GMAT or GRE score when submitting the application.
We strongly advise all our clients to have a proper excel sheet or a timetables mapped out.
Once you are done with GMAT the entire application process usually take 4-6 weeks
GMAT / GRE Score
If you are not sure about what score to target then look at the average score of the schools you want and shoot above the average.
Get your profile evaluated from a professional consultant and figure out what schools you can target based on your profile
3-4 weeks at least.
Start writing at least 1 month in advance of their 1st deadline. First application usually takes the longest.
School will notify you and give you roughly 1 week to schedule your interview. Ideally, start your prep ASAP and Do some mock interviews.