NYU Stern Executive MBA Application Essays 2023-24
Applicants are required to respond to essay prompts 1 and 2. The essay questions give you the opportunity to more fully present yourself to the Admissions Committee and to provide insight into your experiences, goals, and thought processes. Your essays should be written entirely by you. There is an optional essay if you wish to provide additional information.
All essays have a 500 word limit, double spaced. Word limits apply to the total essay question. For example, your response to Essay 2 should answer all parts.
1. Describe your short- and long-term career goals and how the Stern Executive MBA program will help you accomplish them.
2. Stern is committed to helping students develop a deeper set of professional skills, and a broader perspective of the role of business in the world.
a) What is a significant contemporary issue on which you, as a business leader, would like to have an impact?
b) Why is it important to you?
c) How could you leverage your skills and resources to address the issue?
3. Additional Information (Optional) – Provide any additional information for the Admissions Committee. This may include additional details on your academic/quantitative preparation for MBA coursework through educational or professional experience, further explanation of academic history, current or past gaps in employment, or any other information relevant to your application.
Quick Essay Review
Worried if your Essay is Good enough or Not?
Need a last-minute review?
Submit your essays below & get in-depth feedback within 48 hours.
NYU Stern Executive MBA Letter of Recommendation Questions 2023-24
Two recommendations are required. One should be completed by your current or most recent immediate supervisor and one should come from another current or previous supervisor.
Recommendations should be submitted online. A maximum of two recommendations will be accepted.
Please note, professional recommendations are strongly preferred over academic recommendations. If a recommendation from your current supervisor cannot be included, you must provide an explanation in optional Essay.
1. How does the applicant’s performance compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples (e.g., what are the applicant’s principal strengths?). (500 words)
2. Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response. (500 words)
3. (Optional) Is there anything else we should know?
To Writing Great Letter of Recommendations