HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management Master in Management
After you have submitted your application online and your eligibility for the program has been confirmed, you will be invited to an interview with an HHL professor. The interview will take place virtually or on-site.
The admission interview usually takes 1 hour and consists of two parts:
- Personal interview (35 minutes): The competencies focused on during the interview are problem-solving abilities, personality, and leadership potential.
- Presentation and discussion (15 minutes + 10 minutes): You will receive a topic for the presentation two days before the interview. The following aspects will be evaluated: presentation, discussion, and personality.
Received an Interview Invite?
Need Help with Interview Preparation?
Check out our interview Preparation focused services to get started with your Interview preparation
MiM Interview Experience-1
I had the opportunity to be interviewed for the HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management MiM program, and the entire process took about an hour. The interview is split into two parts, each with its unique focus.
During the personal interview, which lasted 35 minutes, the interviewers honed in on specific competencies. These included assessing my problem-solving abilities, delving into my personality, and gauging my leadership potential.
Here are some of the specific questions asked by the interview panel:
- Tell me a little about who you are.
- Take me through your cover letter.
- What are your long- and short-term goals?
- In what way will you benefit the class?
- One explanation for why we should choose you?
- What drew you to (your hobby)?
- What would you say your best accomplishments to date are?
- Give me an instance when you were in dispute.
The second part involved a presentation and discussion. Two days before the interview, I received a topic for the presentation. The interviewers evaluated three key aspects:
- Presentation: The ability to effectively present the assigned topic.
- Discussion: How well I engaged in a dialogue, addressing questions and feedback.
- Personality: Assessing my character and communication style during this interactive segment of the interview.
For future candidates, I would recommend being well-prepared for the interview, given its duration and the wide range of competencies assessed. Showcase your strengths confidently, admit your areas of improvement, and share your efforts toward self-improvement.
The interview process is thorough, so it’s essential to stay genuine and humble throughout. Keep in mind that a friendly and engaging demeanor can go a long way.
Duration: 60 minutes
MiM Interview Experience-2
My interview experience at HHL Leipzig was both comprehensive and engaging. It lasted around 40 minutes, which allowed for an in-depth discussion. The interview was divided into two sections, focusing on different aspects.
In the first part, which took approximately 20 minutes, the questions centered around my academic and professional background, my motivations for pursuing a Master’s in Management, and how I envisioned contributing to the program’s vibrant community.
Some of the questions asked were:
- Tell me about your educational and professional journey.
- What drives your interest in the MiM program at HHL Leipzig?
- In what ways do you see yourself adding value to the diverse student body?
- What do you know about HHL Leipzig MiM program?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses.
The second part, lasting about 20 minutes, involved a case study discussion. Prior to the interview, I was provided with a case to analyze and discuss with the interviewers. This segment assessed my problem-solving skills, analytical thinking, and communication abilities. The interviewers were welcoming and encouraged a thoughtful and structured approach to the case.
The interview provided an excellent platform to express my enthusiasm for the program and showcase my readiness to tackle the challenges presented by the MiM at HHL Leipzig.
Duration: 40 minutes
MiM Interview Experience-3
My interview lasted for around 50 minutes. It was divided into two parts, each with a specific focus. The interviewers were welcoming and created a comfortable atmosphere for discussion.
The first part took about 25 minutes, involved questions about my background, career goals, and what I could bring to the program.
They asked me questions like:
- Tell me about your academic and professional journey.
- Why have you chosen the MiM program at HHL Leipzig?
- How do you envision contributing to the program’s diverse and dynamic student body?
- Do you have any plans for your future once you graduate from here?
The second part, lasting around 25 minutes, was dedicated to a case study discussion. Two days before the interview, I received a case to prepare, and this segment allowed me to showcase my problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and communication. The interviewers were keen on understanding my thought process and ability to analyze complex situations.
Overall, the interview was a thorough and enlightening experience, providing me with the opportunity to demonstrate my enthusiasm for the MiM program at HHL Leipzig.
Duration: 50 minutes
MiM Interview Experience-4
My interview for the program was a detailed and insightful discussion, and it lasted approximately 45 minutes. The interviewers took their time to understand my profile and aspirations. The interview was divided into two sections.
The first part focused on my academic and professional background, my motivations for choosing the MiM program at HHL Leipzig, and how I believed I could contribute to the program’s diverse community.
These are some questions that they asked me:
- Walk me through your academic and professional journey.
- What sparked your interest in the MiM program at HHL Leipzig?
- In what ways can you make a positive impact on the program and your fellow students?
The second part, lasting around 20 minutes, involved a case study discussion. In advance, I was provided with a case to analyze and present my thoughts. This segment tested my problem-solving abilities, analytical thinking, and communication skills. The interviewers encouraged a structured approach and thoughtful analysis.
The interviewers were friendly and made the interview feel like a constructive conversation. It was a comprehensive experience that allowed me to convey my enthusiasm for the MiM program at HHL Leipzig and demonstrate my readiness to tackle its challenges.
Duration: 45 minutes
MiM Interview Experience-5
My interview for the HHL Leipzig MiM program was quite a journey. It was like sitting down with a friend for a chat. We talked about all sorts of things, and it lasted around 50 minutes.
The first part was all about getting to know me better. We delved into my academic and professional background and how I ended up applying for the MiM program at HHL Leipzig. The questions were chill, like:
- Tell me about your educational and career journey so far.
- Why are you interested in our MiM program?
- How do you see yourself vibing with the diverse crowd here?
- What will you do with your time at HHL Leipzig outside academics?
- What motivates you?
Then came the fun part, a case study discussion. I was given a scenario to tackle, and we dove into it for about 25 minutes. It felt more like a brainstorming session than an interview. We analyzed, debated, and I presented my ideas. It was like working on a puzzle together with good company.
The interviewers were super friendly, and it didn’t feel like a typical interview. It was more like a conversation with people genuinely interested in my story and ideas. I left the interview feeling excited about the program and the cool people I’d meet there.
Duration: 50 minutes.