Warwick MBA Interview
Whilst the majority of interview questions are designed to test your motivation and suitability for the role, other questions test your ability to think on your feet and are more likely to throw you. Interviewers are interested in how you answer these questions as much as the answer itself; Careers Coach, Donna Walker shares her advice on how to combat these killer questions.
Anticipating what questions you might be asked in advance will allow you to prepare and help you to be more confident in the interview. When answering questions use a framework to structure your reply, for example CARE (Context, Action, Result, Evaluation), as this will ensure you include important elements in your answer and prevent you from giving a long, unfocussed response.
Visit their homepage for access to Warwick Prep Guide
Warwick Business School MBA Frequently Asked Interview Questions
- Tell me something about yourself?
- Walk me through your resume?
- Why MBA? Why Warwick Business school?
- Why MBA now or Why MBA at this stage of your career?
- What is your short & long term goals?
- What is your Plan B if consulting/Investment banking does not happen?
- What are your key strengths? Can you give some examples please?
- What is your biggest weakness ? Can you give some examples please?
- How can you add value to the Class?
- Why should we take you?
- One reason that we should not select you?
- Interests and Hobbies – Be prepared!.. questions as basic as “Why do you do poetry (or any other activity” may be asked.
- Some Situational & Behavioral Question
- What would you describe are your greatest achievement to date?
- Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?
- Give me an example of a time when you did not meet a client’s expectation. What happened, and how did you attempt to rectify the situation?
- Case questions are fairly common in MBA interview especially for consulting aspirants. Below are a few sample for to practice for:
- How many Golf balls can fit in a Boeing 747?
- What’s the global market size for smartphones?
- Do you have any Question for us?
Warwick MBA Interview Questions – 1
The interview would be very chilled out and the questions would be asked on your leadership skills and some scenarios related to this skill, then they would ask about your current company and the work profile and of course why WBS and Why MBA. The interviewer would be someone outside of the admission team, so you can use your essays in your interviews.
Warwick MBA Interview Questions – 2
The interview experience, it was more of a conversation about goals, what I expect from the course etc. It was very nice knowing about school, more casual and good chat with the professor. Again, everyone’s interview will be different so please prepare about the usual questions of why you need an MBA, why Warwick etc.
I wish you all the best for you interview.
Warwick MBA Interview Questions – 3
The following questions were asked:
1) Difference between leader and manager
2) Why Warwick
3) Which Business Leader do you admire. Why
4) Why do you do in your free time
5) What do you hope to gain from WBS
6) Give 3 of your contribution to the program
7) Tell me about your job
8) Reasons for MBA?
9) Why MBA now?
10) Why are you intrested in management
The interview was conversational and relaxed. It was fun. I enjoyed it very much!
Hope this helps!
Warwick MBA Interview Questions – 4
“I recently had my interviews with WBS and it was a truly enjoyable experience. It was detailed, it was deeper, it was insightful and it was an exploration. Questions were based on the context of the discussion, you can very clearly see some purpose of the questions, you see the logical flows and you feel comfortable that you are in good hands. After the interviews, you feel like time well spent and you have learned few new things. Thanks WBS team.”