University of Alberta MBA Frequently Asked Interview Questions
Professional experience-related questions
- Tell me something about yourself, or Walk me through your resume.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- Why MBA? or Why now? or Why an MBA at this stage of your career?
- Why ISB?
- What is your Plan B? in case your primary goal does not happen?
Personal qualities-related questions
- What are your key strengths? Can you give some examples, please?
- What are your key weaknesses? Can you give some examples, please?
- How can you add value to the Class? or Why should we take you?
- Any reasons why we should not select you?
- Interests and Hobbies related questions – why do you do it, what have you achieved/learned?
Frequently Asked Situational & Behavioral Questions
- What is your leadership style? Can you give an example of a project you led?
- What would you describe are your greatest achievement to date?
- Give me an example of a time you failed.
- Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict. How did you handle that?
- Give me an example of a time when you did not meet a client’s expectations. What happened, and how did you attempt to rectify the situation?
The last one – Do you have any questions for us?
- Can you please tell me how international exchange students and schools are assigned?
- How club leadership is selected?
- Any other questions you may have in regards to the program.
University of Alberta MBA Interview Questions – 1
“Hi, My interview was taken jointly by Chris Lynch and Kristal Owens. Both of them were extremely friendly and made me feel comfortable. The interview lasted for a total of 40 minutes. Following is a brief of the questions asked:
1. Run me through your profile: Academic, Profession and Hobbies?
2. Why MBA now? Why Alberta?
3. 2 example of team-work – one which went well and one which did not. What would you have done differently in the example where things didnt go well?
4. Tell us about your most significant professional achievement till date
5. What do you plan to pursue after an MBA? How do you plan to achieve that goal?
6. Tell us about a single big issue plaguing the global business environment currently
7. Any question for us? Be confident and friendly in your approach. Interview is the most fun part of the entire application process.
University of Alberta MBA Interview Questions – 2
“Hello guys I just had my interview with Chris Lynch, Kristel Owens and one more lady. My experience with them was extremely good. They will make you feel comfortable before starting the interview. Their questions were:
1. Background description: Academic, Profession and Hobbies?
2. Importance of team-work?
3. 2 example of team-work – one in your workplace, another in anywhere else?
4. Why Alberta?
5. Strengths and weaknesses?
6. Example of leadership in a challenging situation?
7. How will you contribute to the classroom of Alberta?
8. Any question for us?
I applied on 19th Oct, got an invitation for Kira video essay on 26th Oct, completed video essay on 30th Oct, got an invitation for formal interview on 2nd Nov, done with interview on 8th Nov. Expecting final result on 17th Nov.”