University of Alberta MBA Frequently Asked Interview Questions
- Explain your career path. / Take me through your resume / Tell me about yourself
- What are your short-term and long-term career plans?
- Have you considered other career alternatives?
- Why are you seeking an MBA?
- What do you need to learn from an MBA program that you can’t learn working?
- Why now?
- Why Alberta?
- What courses will you take at Alberta?
- Where else did you apply?
- How will you decide which program to attend?
- What will you do if you do not pass in any business school this year?
- What is your impression of Chicago Booth’s culture?
- What would you contribute to Booth both academically and in the community?
- ell me about your undergraduate experience.
- Looking back, would you do anything differently?
- Would you choose the same school and major?
- What are you currently reading?
- Where do you get most of your news from?
- What do you think about X in the news recently? (make sure you’re up to date on global headlines)
- What do you do outside of work?
- What has this taught you about yourself?
- Does this experience inform your professional life in any way?
University of Alberta MBA Interview Questions – 1
“Hi, My interview was taken jointly by Chris Lynch and Kristal Owens. Both of them were extremely friendly and made me feel comfortable. The interview lasted for a total of 40 minutes. Following is a brief of the questions asked:
1. Run me through your profile: Academic, Profession and Hobbies?
2. Why MBA now? Why Alberta?
3. 2 example of team-work – one which went well and one which did not. What would you have done differently in the example where things didnt go well?
4. Tell us about your most significant professional achievement till date
5. What do you plan to pursue after an MBA? How do you plan to achieve that goal?
6. Tell us about a single big issue plaguing the global business environment currently
7. Any question for us? Be confident and friendly in your approach. Interview is the most fun part of the entire application process.
University of Alberta MBA Interview Questions – 2
“Hello guys I just had my interview with Chris Lynch, Kristel Owens and one more lady. My experience with them was extremely good. They will make you feel comfortable before starting the interview. Their questions were:
1. Background description: Academic, Profession and Hobbies?
2. Importance of team-work?
3. 2 example of team-work – one in your workplace, another in anywhere else?
4. Why Alberta?
5. Strengths and weaknesses?
6. Example of leadership in a challenging situation?
7. How will you contribute to the classroom of Alberta?
8. Any question for us?
I applied on 19th Oct, got an invitation for Kira video essay on 26th Oct, completed video essay on 30th Oct, got an invitation for formal interview on 2nd Nov, done with interview on 8th Nov. Expecting final result on 17th Nov.”