Alliance Manchester MBA Interviews
Alliance Manchester Business School has started including a video assessment as part of their application process.
They believe that the traditional essays and test scores only tell us part of your ‘story’. The video assessment provides one with an opportunity to share what they will bring to their unique MBA in a more personal way, with a hope the video assessment will bring to life the person we have learned about on paper from your application.
For details on Alliance Manchester MBA application process and guide, visit their homepage.
Alliance Manchester Frequently Asked Interview Questions
- Tell me something about yourself?
- Walk me through your resume?
- Why MBA? Why Manchester?
- Why MBA now or Why MBA at this stage of your career?
- What is your short & long term goals?
- What is your Plan B if consulting/Investment banking does not happen?
- What are your key strengths? Can you give some examples please?
- What is your biggest weakness ? Can you give some examples please?
- How can you add value to the Class?
- Why should we take you?
- One reason that we should not select you?
- Interests and Hobbies – Be prepared!.. questions as basic as “Why do you do poetry (or any other activity” may be asked.
- Some Situational & Behavioral Question
- What would you describe are your greatest achievement to date?
- Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?
- Give me an example of a time when you did not meet a client’s expectation. What happened, and how did you attempt to rectify the situation?
- Case questions are fairly common in MBA interview especially for consulting aspirants. Below are a few sample for to practice for:
- How many Golf balls can fit in a Boeing 747?
- What’s the global market size for smartphones?
- Do you have any Question for us?
Alliance Manchester MBA Interview Questions – 1
Hi guys, just finished the interview with Mrs. Spiro. The questions were:
1. Why choose your job
2. Career progression
3. Why MBA
4. Why Manchester
5. What can u offer to the team-work based community in manchester
6. Something in the presentation, just explain it
7. What will you do just after finish the MBA program
8. Any negative and positive feedback from your boss
9. Anything related to the resume
10. How would I approach a teammate that is underperforming
11. How do I add value to the cohort professionally and personally
12. Duration program I choose and why
13. Any questions to her
Hope this will help.
Alliance Manchester MBA Interview Questions – 2
Hi guys, I have just had my Skype interview with Dr. Heather Spiro, I really enjoyed the interview, she is friendly and conducts the interview in a way that makes you feel comfortable.
The questions I was asked were pretty much the same as the ones that were shared in this forum:
1. Why MBA? Why now?
2. Career Progression
3. Post-MBA goals and how do I plan to achieve them
4. 2 reasons why people want to work with me in a team
5. 2 reasons why people not want to work with me in a team
6. How would I approach a teammate that is underperforming
7. How do I add value to the cohort professionally and personally
8. Finally she asked me about what programme duration I was most interested and told me that they will be doing a final review towards the end of February.
Hope this helps! Good luck to you all!
Alliance Manchester MBA Interview Questions – 3
I just got done, interesting interview. I was interviewed by Dr. Spiro.
1.Remember to be yourself
2.why do you want an MBA
Alliance Manchester MBA Interview Questions – 4
The interview went well, it took about 40 mins. Heather asked about your cv, essays, and presentation. I think you should prepare about your strengths and weaknesses. Most importantly, why mba and why manchester. what are you really excited about the program!
Alliance Manchester MBA Interview Questions – 5
My interview was very friendly and lasted about an hour. She asked questions about my work experience and more details on my short and long-term goals. There were also a few typical interview questions like what role do you usually play when you are part of a team, how have you dealt with conflict in a team setting, and what are some of your strengths and weaknesses? Then we spent the last 20 minutes discussing my questions about the program.
Alliance Manchester MBA Interview Questions – 6
Its all about team management since it is very crucial during and after MBA. What challenges did you face and how did you resolve. You have to be confident in what you say. If you are a football fan then you can talk about that also…Otherwise its std questions.. how will you bring value to MBS…. try to know more about competitions… What are you good at sports… Try to find our more about MBAT… Hope you will do well…. Its a great to school to be … you will learn a lot…
Alliance Manchester MBA Interview Questions – 7
I had an interview with Fran Johnson. Prior to the interview, I’ve search her profile and she used to be a risk consultant, hence I’m not afraid to get technical during the interview. The interview question:
– Walk me through your resume. My advice is not just read your resume but thoroughly explain what is your main responsibilities
– Short term goals. Make sure that MBS will help you achieve your short term goals
– Behavioral question. This will depend on your previous answer. Fran realized that I’m a very well structured guy and loves to take control of the situation so she asked me what will you do if you can’t control the situation during the consultancy projects? I don’t think I answered this correctly though
The whole interview lasts 51 minutes, I don’t ask many questions because I already met one of their representative during his visit to Indonesia. Fran said that an admission committee meeting will be held this week so probably you guys should receive the decision soon.
Alliance Manchester MBA Interview Questions – 8
I had an interview with Heather Spiro. The interview was about 45 minutes long, she mostly asked questions about “interesting points” of my application. Honestly, she was super friendly and put me at ease. I generally do not consider myself a good interviewer but this interview felt very relaxed and she was very personable. It was a great experience. Feel free to ask for more specific details if you have anything you are curious about!