Trinity Dubline MBA Interview
Good interview preparation can improve your performance on the day and help to reduce interview nerves. When the day of the interview comes you should feel that you have a good understanding of the role and the company from your research, and have prepared evidence to demonstrate how you meet the role requirements. Anticipating and preparing for the types of questions they are likely to ask will help you to make a strong impression.
In advance of your interview it’s advisable to review the job description, highlight the key requirements, and come up with a list of questions that you think they could ask, alongside a list of your evidence to support the reasons why you are a suitable candidate. You can then practice answering these before the interview itself.
Trinity Dublin MBA Frequently Asked Interview Questions
- Tell me something about yourself?
- Walk me through your resume?
- Why MBA? Why Trinity Dublin?
- Why MBA now or Why MBA at this stage of your career?
- What is your short & long term goals?
- What is your Plan B if consulting/Investment banking does not happen?
- What are your key strengths? Can you give some examples please?
- What is your biggest weakness ? Can you give some examples please?
- How can you add value to the Class?
- Why should we take you?
- One reason that we should not select you?
- Interests and Hobbies – Be prepared!.. questions as basic as “Why do you do poetry (or any other activity” may be asked.
- Some Situational & Behavioral Question
- What would you describe are your greatest achievement to date?
- Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?
- Give me an example of a time when you did not meet a client’s expectation. What happened, and how did you attempt to rectify the situation?
- Case questions are fairly common in MBA interview especially for consulting aspirants. Below are a few sample for to practice for:
- How many Golf balls can fit in a Boeing 747?
- What’s the global market size for smartphones?
- Do you have any Question for us?
Trinity Dublin MBA Interview Questions – 1
I was shortlisted for an interview and completed the interview couple hours ago.
As I come with over 20 years experience, 8 years in leadership capacity my interview questions were as follows:
1) Tell me how you get to this role, what is your strategic decision making capacity.
2) Why now, why MBA, why Trinity?
3) What kind of leader are you and what do you want to be? What do you want to improve on?
4) What kind of team player are you?
5) In a live project with a SME company, how would you and peers go about entering a new market I.e. UK?
6) Which companies do you see yourself working with in Dublin and what kind of roles?
Good luck guys!
My advise is prepare, prepare, prepare.
Trinity Dublin MBA Interview Questions – 2
“Hello Everyone! I would like to share a bit about my interview with Trinity College, which took place in December 2018.
As I live in Brazil, my interview was made through a phone call to my cell phone with a MBA Associate Director. I asked to change for a Skype call, but I believe this is their standard procedure. The advantage was having my notes in front of me without anyone seeing 😉 My phone rang just on the time scheduled.
The director introduce herself and asked me if I was available to take the call and then we start.
First question: Can you talk about your graduation background and work experience?
– I tried to pass trough all my education and career experiences, trying to highlights some accomplishment that it would help to show my qualities and why they should accept me. (The notes really helped me here! because I had everything prepared in a time -line focusing on the most important events and work projects).
Second question: Why MBA? Why now? and Why Trinity?
– Here I explained my personal and professional reasons for taking a MBA and why now. I introduced also my expectations such as what I want to bring for a businesses merged with the MBA.
– I had the advantage that had visit Trinity MBA in June of last year and I could know more about the program and I used this information to justify why Triniy (1st Ranking in Ireland; Reputation; 3 real projects during the MBA; plus 2 yrs work visa from Irish government).
Third question (surprising for me): How do you intend to financial your MBA?
– This question was my Achilles heel! My GMAT score was 570, so I am not yet eligible for a scholarship and this is a limitation for me. I have savings but I explained I plan to take the GMAT test again in the beginning of 2019 to try the scholarship.
Last question: She asked if I would like to know anything from them.
– I had some question about the program, specially about the international residence week.
The interview was short but, as I was admitted, it was enough for showing why they should accept me.
Preparation is important to focus in the answer that it would help them to see why you should be part of Trinity MBA.
My saga continues! I still need to score 700 in GMAT to be eligible for a scholarship and join 2019 Trinity MBA class!! I
I hope this can help the future interviews. Good luck for all! and for me ;)”
Trinity Dublin MBA Interview Questions – 3
- Discuss your career progression.
- Give examples of how you have demonstrated leadership inside and outside the work environment.
- What do you want to do (in regard to business function, industry, location)?
- Why the MBA? Why now? > Describe an ethical dilemma faced at work?
- What would you do if a team member wasn’t pulling his own weight?
- Is there anything you would like to ask me/us?
Trinity Dublin MBA Interview Questions – 4
- What contributions would you make to a group?
- Name three words or phrases to describe yourself to others.
- What is most frustrating at work?
- How would co-workers describe you?
- Describe a typical work day.
- Have you worked in a team environment?
- What were your contributions to the effort?
- Discuss any experience you have had abroad.