How Simon Fraser MBA Interview Works
Applications that are complete in all aspects and qualify in terms of the minimum academic and other criteria specified above are evaluated for being progressed to the next stage in the admission process. Shortlisted candidates will be called for the Simon Fraser MBA interview process.
The Simon Fraser MBA interview panel will evaluate each candidate’s performance in terms of quality of work experience, diversity, leadership qualities, social sensitivity, and multifacetedness.
As a general approach to selecting a candidate for the programme, a multi-factor model is used. These factors include academic track record, GMAT/GRE scores, quality of work experience, performance in the interview, and writing ability test. A composite total score will be calculated for each applicant using the multi-factor model. A merit list is prepared based on the composite total score. The offer of admission will be made to a certain percentage of applicants on the merit list. The number of offers made will depend on the availability of seats. The number of offers will be further subject to the candidate meeting a minimum cutoff in terms of the composite score and/or for any other factor score that the admissions committee may decide on
Who will interview you, and how long will the interview last?
The Simon Fraser MBA program interview is usually conducted by one of the panel members. The interview typically lasts for 25-30 minutes or may extend to 35-40 minutes in some instances.
Will the interviewer have read my application?
The Panel member has access to your complete application. In most instances, they would have read it completely.
How can you prepare for your interview?
Like most MBA Interviews, your interview will mainly revolve around a pretty similar set of MBA interview questions. You can never predict what questions will be asked, but with enough research, you can predict what are the most commonly asked questions in these interviews. We have created a short FAQ list below to get you a jump start, and we also have a free guide linked below to help you prepare for these commonly asked interview questions.
Simon Fraser MBA Frequently Asked Interview Questions
Professional experience-related questions
- Tell me something about yourself, or Walk me through your resume.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- Why MBA? or Why now? or Why an MBA at this stage of your career?
- Why Simon Fraser?
- What is your Plan B? in case your primary goal does not happen?
Personal qualities-related questions
- What are your key strengths? Can you give some examples, please?
- What are your key weaknesses? Can you give some examples, please?
- How can you add value to the Class? or Why should we take you?
- Any reasons why we should not select you?
- Interests and Hobbies related questions – why do you do it, what have you achieved/learned?
Frequently Asked Situational & Behavioral Questions
- What is your leadership style? Can you give an example of a project you led?
- What would you describe are your greatest achievement to date?
- Give me an example of a time you failed.
- Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict. How did you handle that?
- Give me an example of a time when you did not meet a client’s expectations. What happened, and how did you attempt to rectify the situation?
The last one – Do you have any questions for us?
- Can you please tell me how international exchange students and schools are assigned?
- How club leadership is selected?
- Any other questions you may have in regards to the program.
Simon Fraser Beedie MBA Interview Questions- 1
I was interviewed for the Simon Fraser MBA Program on February 17, 2023. 30 minutes were spent on the interview. I was interviewed by Andrew Brayda.
1. Please walk me through your resume.
2. Why an MBA?
3. Why Simon?
4. Short-term goals. Specific company?
5. Alternative plan?
6. Cross cultural experience.
7. Any extra questions for me?
Only 30 minutes were allotted for the interview. However, I thought it was one of my best interviews to date. By the time it was through, I felt really confident. Everyone should just keep their cool and be themselves.
Received an Interview Invite?
Free Interview Prep Workshop
If you have received an Interview invite from your Dream B-school, then this is the perfect free workshop for you to get started with your Interview preparation
Simon Fraser Beedie MBA Interview Questions- 2
I was online interviewed for the Simon Fraser MBA Program on January 13, 2022. There was no sense of pressure during the relaxing conversation. We began by talking about my background, education, and professional experience. Several comments from the essays were repeated in the interview questions since the interviewer said she had not read my paperwork.
1. Describe Yourself.
2. Why an MBA?
3. What are your short-term and backup goals?
4. Why Simon?
5. Any expertise handling pressure-filled circumstances.
6. What transferrable abilities do you have from your current position to your post-MBA position?
7. Ask me whatever you want.
In the end, it resembled a chat more than an interview which was approximately 25 minutes long.
Simon Fraser Beedie MBA Interview Questions- 3
A member of the adcom interviewed me for the Simon Fraser MBA Program. I was interviewed on February 17, 2023.
Following were the questions:
1. Please give me a short introduction of who you are.
2. Questions concerning my professional background.
3. A few queries about extracurricular activities.
4. Why an MBA?
5. Why Simon?
6. What leadership style do you employ?
The interview was quite relaxed and friendly. As I indicated, I am a fan of Ronaldo, so we also talked about football.
Simon Fraser Beedie MBA Interview Questions- 4
Nicole from the admissions staff interviewed me for the Simon Fraser MBA Program. She informed me right away that the interview would be a blind conversational one so that she could get to know me better.
These were questions:
1) Please introduce yourself. Give me a rundown of your resume.
2) Aims, both short- and long-term. Any particular sectors, businesses, or jobs? What are some of the target businesses you hope to work for?
3) Why are you considering an MBA at this time?
4) What motivated you to see Simon? Why is Simon a good fit for you, specifically?
5) What contribution will you make to Simon?
6. Which extracurricular activities do I want to try?
7) What is your fallback strategy in the event that your first plan is unsuccessful?
8) Have you ever had any overseas travel experience? If not, do you have any cross-cultural experience? / travelled for work purposes to other nations. Do you have any experience working abroad?
9) Weaknesses and strengths?
10) Please elaborate on the experience you listed on your résumé. Describe your experience working for your company. Could you please describe what you do in your current position and a typical day for you?
11) Describe your hobbies for me. What do you enjoy doing while you’re not working?
12) Have you got questions for me?
I was asked questions that were on the list above. Make sure the interviewer receives questions from you that demonstrate your research and keen interest in Simon. Be assured and enthusiastic about the program.
Simon Fraser Beedie MBA Interview Questions- 5
I had a skype interview for the Simon Fraser MBA Program. It was conducted on February 03, 2021.
The questions were:
1) Give me a rundown of your resume.
2. Why Simon?
3) Short-term objectives
4) An additional goal
5) How do you deal with difficulties?
The interview went quite smoothly and had more of a conversational feel to it. 30 minutes long.
Simon Fraser Beedie MBA Interview Questions- 6
The Simon Fraser MBA Program interview was generally one of the most chatty ones I’ve had. The AdCom member was incredibly kind and sincere in his want to learn more about me and the reasons behind my decision to seek an MBA. The interviewer did not appear to be at all disinterested and responded to everything I said. The interview was supposed to take 30 minutes overall, but we ended up chatting for 48 minutes. Simply be yourself, don’t try to hide anything, smile, and use your social abilities.
These were the questions:
1. Why Simon?
2. Why an MBA?
3. Why now?
4. What are my ST and LT goals?
All the best for the interview. Just be composed, smile, and be assured. Think of yourself as a corporate leader who speaks accordingly.
Simon Fraser Beedie MBA Interview Questions- 7
I had a skype interview on November 21, 2020 for the Simon Fraser MBA Program. It was a much like a chat. The interview was fun, and I was asked the following questions:
Walk me through your resume.
Why do you think an MBA is the best move for you?
Why are you applying to Simon? and Why are you pursuing an MBA now
How do you see yourself helping Simon?
How does your undergraduate major relate to the career you’d like to pursue?
How may an MBA be of assistance to you here?
What are your short- and long-term goals?
What are your target companies after getting your MBA?
What is your backup plan if you can’t get into your target companies?
Have you had any cross-cultural or international work experiences? Do you know any data programming tools (If you don’t know any, find out some or demonstrate that you’re studying. really important.)
Do you have any queries for me?
In total, the interview took about 50 minutes.
Advice: Be well-versed in your background, CV, and MBA goals. As support, get some anecdotes ready. To gain a better understanding of the school climate, research the program and make an effort to chat with some kids beforehand. Wear business attire, and be a little early.
Simon Fraser Beedie MBA Interview Questions- 8
Hello everyone, I recently had an interview with a Simon admissions director for the MBA Program. I hope the following questions from the interview may be useful:
1. Go over your resume with me and introduce yourself.
2. Why an MBA at this time?
3. Why Simon?
4. A problem you faced in the job or personally, and how you overcome it
5. Describe yourself in 3 words
6. Management expertise
7. What did the application process teach you about yourself?
8. The application’s strong and weak points
Ensure you are familiar with your resume because you might be asked to highlight a particular bullet point.
Prepare stories from both your professional and personal experiences.
To demonstrate your devotion to the university’s programme, do extensive research on its clubs, career centres, and culture.
They won’t let you join the online interview any earlier, so arrive five minutes early for the interview. Dress in professional attire
All the best for your interviews.
Simon Fraser Beedie MBA Interview Questions- 9
I had a skype interview for the Simon Fraser MBA Program on 16th of January 2020. Be absolutely not worried about the interview. Everyone is incredibly friendly. Simply be clear and practise asking the following questions out loud:
1. Walk me through your resume, please.
2. Can you describe your previous employment?
3. Why an MBA?
4. Why an MBA now?
5. What do you personally want to get out of an MBA?
6. Why Simon?
Finally, we had opportunity to talk about any questions I had for her.
Simon Fraser Beedie MBA Interview Questions- 10
I spoke with Maureen Plavnicky over Skype for the Simon Fraser MBA Program. She informed me that the interview is blind. Approximately 30 minutes were spent on the interview. She questioned me ten to twelve times. Most of them were MBA-related general queries. Some of the questions included:
1. Tell me a little bit about yourself (including a summary of your qualifications and who you are)
2. Describe your undergraduate experience, including your course of study and extracurricular activities.
3. How effectively do you manage your time?
4. Why are you now pursuing an MBA and what are your post-MBA goals?
5. Which of the following target businesses do you hope to work for?
6. What is one recent accomplishment of yours that you are very proud of?
7. Why Simon?
8. Would you mind sharing an instance in which you worked in a group?
9. Could you please explain how you would handle disagreement in a team environment?
10. What contribution will you make to Simon?
After that, I had ten minutes to ask questions regarding the course or the application procedure. Overall, the session was excellent.