SDA Bocconi MIF Interviews
About MIF Interviews:
The admission process for MSc Finance at University of Boconni requires candidates to appear for an online video interview. Candidates will be required to answer one or more question which will be visible to them on the portal. Although practice sessions are allowed the final presentation must be done in a single attempt. The answer to each question must be no longer than 2 minutes. The interview will involve questions regarding your career as well as personal capabilities. Stay calm and answer the questions confidently.
Typical Interview Method:
Interviews usually include numerous steps to evaluate an applicant’s profile. Based on academic records, essays, and recommendation letters, individuals are shortlisted. Interviews might be face-to-face, telephonic, or video-based for shortlisted candidates.
The interview assesses an applicant’s topic knowledge, problem-solving, communication, critical thinking, and programme fit. They may ask broad and particular questions to gauge the applicant’s intelligence. Interviewers analyse motivation, personality, and fit with the institution’s ideals in addition to academic ability.
Interview panels use established criteria for fairness and uniformity. Academics, extracurriculars, leadership, and problem-solving may be considered. To evaluate a candidate’s capacity to collaborate, think critically, and solve issues under pressure, interviews may include practical exercises, group discussions, or case studies.
In conclusion, admission interviews help schools find extraordinary people with the talents, qualifications, and personality to succeed in their programmes. The systematic process allows evaluators to make educated selections and choose a varied and skilled group.
SDA Bocconi MiF Frequently Asked Interview Questions
- Why are you interested in Finance?
- What do you want to do after graduation?
- Tell us about your long-term goals?
- What are derivatives, options, value at risk, proprietary trading?
- How can you use your current background in your future career in finance?
- Why SDA Bocconi?
- What would you bring to the student body and the program?
SDA Bocconi MiF Interview Questions – 1
“I had my MIF interview yesterday, and it was quite interesting. The interviewer hadn’t seen my application, so it was more focused on getting to know me as a person. Surprisingly, many of the questions overlapped with what I had already mentioned in my application:
1. What motivated you to pursue a Master in Finance at this point in your career?
2. Can you tell me about your strengths and weaknesses, especially in relation to the finance field?
3. Did you apply to any other MIF programs? Have you been accepted to any of them? I shared honestly, mentioning that I had other offers but was genuinely considering this program.
4. The atmosphere was pretty relaxed, and we ended up having some good laughs during the interview. I guess my charm played a role there!
Cheers and good luck to everyone!”
SDA Bocconi MiF Interview Questions – 2
“The video pre-interview for the MIF program wasn’t anything out of the ordinary. They gave me four questions and provided 15 seconds to think before answering for one minute. The questions revolved around topics like post-MBA plans, essential qualities of a leader, and long-term goals after completing the program.
It seemed like they were interested in assessing my English language skills and verifying if I had written my essays myself. So, it’s a good idea to review your essays before the pre-interview.
I hope this information helps! Best of luck to everyone going through the process!”
SDA Bocconi MiF Interview Questions – 3
I had my Skype interview for the MIF program on October 15, 2019. I was asked a number of questions throughout the interview, which lasted around 45 minutes. In no particular sequence, the questions I can recall being asked are as follows:
– What makes you want to pursue a MIF?
– What distinguishes SDA Bocconi as important to you?
– Could you describe your strong points and areas for improvement?
Which academic disciplines do you find most and least enjoyable?
– Aside from your studies and employment, what are your interests?
– How did you do on the GMAT?
– Do you have prior management experience in your present position?
I would generally suggest being authentic and aware of your profile’s strengths and weaknesses before the interview. It’s crucial to be able to back up the accounts and data you included in your application. Maintain an engaged dialogue with the interviewer while remaining kind and professional. Consider your attire for a MIF interview and adhere to the advised attire. Bring a copy of your resume and application with you as well. Remember, the admissions committee wants to make sure you have what it takes to complete the demanding MIF program and contribute significantly to the school and your future profession. You’ll be OK as long as your replies reflect these characteristics.
Wishing you success in your interview!
SDA Bocconi MiF Interview Questions – 4
I had to watch pre-interview video questions, and after having 30 seconds to think about each one, I had a minute to react while being recorded. I remember asking queries like:
1) From where are you?
2) Would you please introduce yourself?
3) Follow-up inquiries based on my prior comments, such as inquiries about my involvement in a particular project.
4. What are your immediate and long-term goals?
5) What difficulties do you foresee in accomplishing your short-term goals?
6) Have you spoken to any former students? What details about the program did they offer?
7) To which schools did you also submit an application, and why did you select SDAB over them?
8) What areas of vulnerability has your supervisor pointed out?
9) What do you like to do when you have free time?
10) What undergraduate courses did you find particularly enjoyable?
11) Why do you want to get an MBA?
I was generally at ease throughout the interview. By reassuring me that the interview would be simple, the interviewer put me at ease right away. However, as noted in questions 7 and 8, certain questions, particularly those pertaining to my selection of SDAB and my deficiencies, were posed in a rigorous manner. There were no unforeseen questions about how to resolve disputes inside a team.
The conversation lasted around 45 minutes. I got the chance to ask questions at the conclusion, and the interviewer responded by providing more details in answer to my queries.
I’d advise future applicants to bear the following in mind:
1) Speak slowly and clearly; the interviewer could not be a native English speaker and may find it difficult to comprehend your accent.
2) In case the interviewer asks for more information, have a couple of back-up anecdotes or points ready for each response.
Wishing prospective applicants success in their interviews!
SDA Bocconi MiF Interview Questions – 5
I was given a number of opportunities to discuss my motives and fit for the program during the interview. Some of the queries I ran upon are as follows:
– Why are you pursuing a MIF?
What aspects did you consider before deciding to get an MBA now?
– What draws you to Europe as a place to study?
– Why did you decide on Italy specifically?
– Could you describe your strong points and areas for improvement?
– What professional goals do you have after passing the MIF?
– Would you mind sharing some information about your home country?
– What does your present location have to do with your career?
– Do you have any fallback options in the event that your main professional goals prove unattainable?
– Have you submitted applications to any other courses? If yes, where and why?
– How will you select a program to enroll in if you are accepted into more than one?
What expertise do you have, and why is it important to the MIF program?
– What about working in Italy appeals to you?
To Preparing for your B-school Interview