Schulich MBA, Canada
Rankings | Class Profile | Employment Report | Sample Essays | Interview Questions
If Toronto has your heart but Rotman doesn’t, York University, also located in Toronto, offers 16 or 20 month flexible length programs at its business school—Schulich—with intakes in January or September. The average age of MBA students at Schulich is 29, so you can expect to find older peers with abundant professional experience, and the average GMAT score is 660. It offers solid prospects, with 89% of students employed within three months of graduation, and an average salary of 90,000CAD.
Options define the Schulich MBA experience. Students can switch between the part-time and full-time programs and customize their experience with 20 areas of specialization, three campuses (two in Toronto and one in India), and multiple start dates and scheduling. This flexibility allows students to complete their MBA in either 16 or 20 months. Students with a business background may also qualify for the eight-month Accelerated MBA track.
Students are encouraged to select electives that best suit their backgrounds and careers interests. Students may elect to cluster their electives around one or two areas of specialization (there are 20 options) to build functional or industry-specific expertise.
- For those who are interested in Canadian Schools, Schulich is a really good B-school which constantly ranked 3rd or 4th in Canada after IVEY and Rotman (the 2 best schools in Canada).
- Schulich have very well diversified placements across sectors as well as functions. With most number of students going into financial services, Marketing and Operations this is a decent change from the typical MBA placement pattern where consulting almost always leads the charts.
- So if you are not super clear about your Short term goal and want to change industry, than Schulich can be a really good school for you to target.
- Avg. GMAT is 660 with 5 years of Avg. prof. Exp. and a tuition with $100K only. It a perfect B-schools with for aspirants with low acads and low investment potential.
- With a Tuition Fee of $100K average placement package post MBA is $105. Which is a decent placement especially if you consider the Tuition and average salries of US B-schools.