Notre Dame MBA Interview
The traditional Two-Year MBA degree at Notre Dame is the hallmark of graduate business education. It will prepare you for success in business, regardless of your prior background. The Notre Dame Mendoza Interview checks your soft skills and analytical skills equally.
With an average of five years of work experience, each class is enriched by the unique perspectives of its members ranging from traditional business professionals to military veterans, men and women, and students from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
In two years at Notre Dame, you’ll earn a values-based MBA with a focus on Business Analytics. You’ll join a close-knit class with countless opportunities to develop your own leadership style and engage with the community. And, in the end, you’ll be connected with a global alumni network rated one of the most responsive in the world.
Who will interview you, and how long will the interview last?
Like most business schools, the Notre Dame interview is taken by a Career Management Team. The interview is usually done by one member from the team. The interview typically lasts for 25-30 minutes or may extend to 35-40 minutes in some instances.
Will the interviewer have read my application?
It is always safer to assume that the Panel members have access to your complete application. In most instances, they would have read it completely. Unless the school specifically says that it will be an blind interview. Mostly North American Business schools in US and Canada have an Blind interviews, European and SE Asian schools conduct interviews via Alums or panels which have full access to your entire application.
How can you prepare for your interview?
Like most MBA Interviews, your interview will mainly revolve around a pretty similar set of MBA interview questions. You can never predict what questions will be asked, but with enough research, you can predict what are the most commonly asked questions in these interviews. We have created a short FAQ list below to get you a jump start, and we also have a free guide linked below to help you prepare for these commonly asked interview questions.
Notre Dame MBA Frequently Asked Interview Questions
Professional experience-related questions
- Tell me something about yourself, or Walk me through your resume.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- Why MBA? or Why now? or Why an MBA at this stage of your career?
- Why Notre Dame?
- What is your Plan B? in case your primary goal does not happen?
Personal qualities-related questions
- What are your key strengths? Can you give some examples, please?
- What are your key weaknesses? Can you give some examples, please?
- How can you add value to the Class? or Why should we take you?
- Any reasons why we should not select you?
- Interests and Hobbies related questions – why do you do it, what have you achieved/learned?
Frequently Asked Situational & Behavioral Questions
- What is your leadership style? Can you give an example of a project you led?
- What would you describe are your greatest achievement to date?
- Give me an example of a time you failed.
- Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict. How did you handle that?
- Give me an example of a time when you did not meet a client’s expectations. What happened, and how did you attempt to rectify the situation?
The last one – Do you have any questions for us?
- Can you please tell me how international exchange students and schools are assigned?
- How club leadership is selected?
- Any other questions you may have in regards to the program.
Notre Dame MBA Interview Questions – 1
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 30 2019 Final Decision: Interviewed
“I had my interview on Jan 30th with Mr. Paul from the adcom. The interview was friendly and conversational. The questions were similar to what everyone got asked – tell me about yourself, why mba, why ND etc Just be prepared for questions they might ask you on your story as well. They asked me what was it like working for a corporate and at a family business and I did prepare for that. Good luck guys.
Please go through the debrief section before your interview. The questions were just the same.
Notre Dame MBA Interview Questions – 2
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 14 2019 Final Decision: Denied with Interview
“tell me about your accomplishments -1 mint
when have you motivated the team -1 mint
write about your favourite place in the world – 5 mint
if salary & living expenses are not the concern, what would the job you would like to do -1 mint”
Received an Interview Invite?
Need Help with Interview Preparation?
Check out our interview Preparation focused services to get started with your Interview preparation
Notre Dame MBA Interview Questions – 3
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 14 2018 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview
“Very conversational actually. I felt she was letting me steer the course of the interview. She would probe and nudge in specific directions as the interview went along.
The main themes revolved around
1) Why do you need another MBA?
2) Initiatives you took at work that were met with resistance
3) What do you like about working in groups? What types of people irritate you? What kind of a leader are you? What kind of a team will you make up? How will you manage a lazy team member
4) Case question (Logistics related)”
Notre Dame MBA Interview Questions – 4
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 13 2018 Final Decision: Interviewed
“I interviewed with Joe Sweeney. It was quite relaxing, 50 minutes total.
Where are you in your career and why MbA now?
What kind of leadership do you prefer ?
What was the most challenging in your job?
What is your backup plan if staying in USE does not work for you?
Give me one fan fact about yourself?
How would your colleagues, subordinates and superiors describe you?
Do you have any questions
What do you do outside of work?
Case question:”You are opening a resort in Serbia, what kind of information would you ask your analyst to get for you ?
Maybe few more questions , but that is it in general.
Hope this helps.”
Notre Dame MBA Interview Questions – 5
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 29 2018 Final Decision: Interviewed
I too received an invite for Kira interview. Since I couldn’t find any post regarding the questions asked, updating the same.
3 video questions, 10 sec preparation time, 1 min response time
- a) How do you stay organised ?
- b) Give one example where you had a positive impact on a team you were working with.
- c) Share an incident where you had a creative idea in school or at work.
1 written question, no preparation time, 5 mins response time
- a) What did you do last weekend ?”
Notre Dame MBA Interview Questions – 6
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 21 2017 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview
“I had my interview at 9:30 pm IST today. It went for 45 minutes. It was really conversational, and relaxed. I enjoyed the process.
These are some questions that I was asked:
– Current work experience
– Why MBA?
– Why now?
– Why Mendoza?
– How would you contribute?
– How did you deal with a person who was struggling with his work?
– How did you deal with a person in authority with whom you disagreed?
– A fun fact about yourself
– Describe yourself in 3 words
– 1 Case Question
Good Luck to all candidates!”
Notre Dame MBA Interview Questions – 7
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 16 2017 Final Decision: Admitted from WL
I just got admission confirmation yesterday.Had a long 1.5 hrs interview on 16th. I was taken out of ED wait list. So all the usual questions were asked and for the Case study, the question was regarding “What factors should an executive manager of a well known International Hotel chain consider while justifying expansion into LATAM countries, for instance say Venuzuela”. I was given 5 minutes to jot down factors and then I attempted to explain them by relating to common consumer expectations/experiences I have heard of or had personally experienced. Relating or effectively transitioning from one factor to another when explaining them( was asked not to order them priority wise) can prove to be helpful. I thought the interviewer completely approved of this technique and enjoyed our conversation. In general it was a very pleasurable and casual style of conversation which is far far away from interrogative style of interviewing. Yes it was blind Interview. Make sure you emphasize on your commitment to join Notre Dame and make it heard.I almost explicitly mentioned the same thrice. Read up about the curriculum and justify how it is a great fit for you during interview. Good Luck to you,fellow aspirant.”
Notre Dame MBA Interview Questions – 8
Skype Interviewed on: Mar 06 2017 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview
Just had an interview.
Very much fun and conversational.
– Why ND?
– Why MBA at this stage in career?
– What are your focus areas / concentrations?
– What will you do post MBA? Where – Geographically?
– Any supervisor that you look up to and emulate? Why?
– How do you manage teams and what are you challenges in that?
– A small Case Scenario
– Was given a scenario and 5 minutes to think – questions were what factors you would consider and what questions would you ask.
It was interesting – specifically Case Scenario.”
hiren2001 from Canada GMAT 710;
Notre Dame MBA Interview Questions – 9
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 06 2017 Final Decision: Admitted
“I have just interviewed with Ms. Debby, Assistant Director – Admissions from Notre Dame last week and here is my review:
– It was quite conversational, without surprising or tricky questions. Some of my questions were:
1, Walk me through your professional work after graduation
2, Why MBA RIGHT NOW?
3, Why MBA from Notre Dame?
4, Short-term goals or plan B if you cannot earn a working visa?
5, Tell me about a time when you had a tough/ difficult discussion?
6, Tell me about a time when you handled criticism?
7, What are your short-term goals, professionally or personally, and what steps have you taken to achieve them?
8, Fun fact about you?
9, Other hobby? Things you do in your free time?
10, Guesstimate question: How many backpacks sold in Vietnam in 2017?
So, all in all a good experience and the interviewer was nice and supportive.”
Notre Dame MBA Interview Questions – 10
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 21 2016 Final Decision: Interviewed
“Interview was pretty conversational. Lasted around 45 mins.
Tell me what you do outside of work.
Why MBA and why ND
What would your colleagues say about you?
Tell me about a leader you admire, and why
How will you contribute to the ND community
Any ethical dilemma situdation u faced
A case study- An Owner of soceer ball manufacturing firm , is facing increase in sales but declining market share.
Any questions for me