Avg. Cost of Study
The Master in Finance program at Stockholm Business School is a dynamic and prestigious graduate program designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in the world of finance. Located in one of Europe’s most vibrant and innovative cities, this program offers a unique blend of academic excellence, industry relevance, and a global perspective.
Its Master in Finance program is characterized by its rigorous curriculum, which covers a wide range of finance topics, from financial markets and investment analysis to risk management and financial modeling. Taught by a faculty of accomplished experts, students benefit from cutting-edge research and practical insights that prepare them for the challenges of the finance industry.
1. Academic Excellence: Stockholm Business School is known for its commitment to academic excellence. Our Master in Finance program upholds these high standards, providing a rigorous curriculum that covers a broad spectrum of finance topics. This ensures that students receive a comprehensive and cutting-edge education.
2. Industry Relevance: Our program is designed to meet the evolving demands of the finance sector. From financial markets and investment analysis to risk management and financial modeling, students gain practical knowledge that is directly applicable in their careers.
3. Real-World Experience: We emphasize the practical application of knowledge. Students have opportunities for internships, industry projects, and networking in Stockholm’s thriving financial district, allowing them to gain hands-on experience and build valuable industry connections.
4. Career Prospects: Graduates of our Master in Finance program are well-prepared for diverse career paths within finance, including roles in investment banking, asset management, corporate finance, and financial consulting. Our program’s practical focus and international outlook make our graduates highly sought after by employers.
Avg. Cost of Tuition/Year
Avg. Living Cost/Year
The cost of the programme is approximately SEK 180,000 each year for full-time.
Fees: In addition to paying tuition, students must also pay fees. These fees pay for a range of costs, including student government dues, technology fees, and health insurance for students.
Living costs: Living costs change based on the lifestyle and housing preferences of the student. For a single student living on campus, however, a conservative estimate of living costs is SEK 150,000 each year. Housing, food, transportation, personal, and health insurance costs are included in this.
Supplies and books: The price of books Depending on the student’s course load and academic interests, the cost of books and supplies may vary. However, $500 each quarter is a fair estimate for books and supplies.
Transit: Depending on the student’s commute requirements and available transit options, the cost of transportation varies. However, $200 each quarter is a fair estimate for transportation.
Additional costs: Additional costs could include things like entertainment, travel, and presents. Depending on the student’s particular spending habits, the price of these expenses may vary.
Most Sought-after Jobs
Change management engineer
Fashion retail project manager
Capital markets analyst
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
The Master in Finance program at Stockholm Business School offers excellent employment prospects for graduates. Here are several factors contributing to strong career opportunities:
1. Strong Reputation: Stockholm Business School is well-regarded both nationally and internationally. Employers recognize the high academic standards and quality of education associated with our programs.
2. Financial Hub: Stockholm is a significant financial center in Europe, home to numerous multinational corporations, banks, and financial institutions. This strategic location provides students with direct access to a wide range of job opportunities within the finance sector.
3. Industry Connections: Our program maintains strong connections with industry leaders and professionals. Students have opportunities to engage with finance practitioners through internships, guest lectures, and networking events, which can lead to job placements upon graduation.
4. Practical Experience: The program emphasizes practical knowledge and skills. Students gain real-world experience through internships and industry projects, making them well-prepared for the demands of the finance industry.
5. Global Perspective: The program’s diverse student body and international faculty provide students with a global perspective, which is highly valuable in today’s finance sector, characterized by global interconnectedness.
1. Bachelor’s degree
Bachelor degree with at least 60 ECTS in Social Sciences (including but not limited to Finance, Business Administration and/or Economics) and with a minimum of 30 ECTS in quantitative fields, including but not limited to Finance, Accounting and Financial Management and Economics. The quantitative fields may be outside Social Sciences.
Students in their last year of the Bachelor program are welcome to apply and must upload a document in the application with the remaining courses in their degree.
2. GMAT or GRE test result
Applicants with a Bachelor of Science degree from a Swedish university or SSE Riga are not required to submit GMAT / GRE test scores.
Please note that we currently have a large group of applicants with a Bachelor of Science degree from a Swedish university. As a result, we suggest that students in this applicant category consider taking the GMAT or GRE if they believe their grades do not completely represent their academic capabilities. A strong test score can enhance the overall evaluation of an application and help it stand out among the competition.
3. Proof of proficiency in English
We accept the following options as proof of your proficiency in English:
4. Motivation & supporting attachments
Wondering if you can target this school?
Join our live workshop
Get all your profile related questions answered.
Stockholm Business School typically offers a range of scholarships to support students pursuing the Master in Finance program. While specific scholarship offerings and eligibility criteria may change from year to year, here are some common types of scholarships that students may have access to:
Merit-Based Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievements. High grades, outstanding test scores, and a strong academic background are typically considered for merit-based scholarships.
Need-Based Scholarships: Need-based scholarships are designed to support students who demonstrate financial need. Eligibility is determined based on financial circumstances, and applicants may need to provide supporting documentation to apply for these scholarships.
Diversity Scholarships: Some scholarships are aimed at promoting diversity and inclusion within the program. These scholarships may be awarded to students from underrepresented backgrounds, including those from different countries, cultures, or ethnicities.
Research or Project Grants: In some cases, scholarships may be awarded for specific research projects or academic initiatives. These grants are typically linked to a student’s proposed research topic or project idea.
Alumni Scholarships: Alumni of Stockholm Business School may have access to special scholarships or discounts when pursuing further education within the school.
External Scholarships: Students are encouraged to explore external scholarship opportunities offered by government agencies, private organizations, and foundations that support higher education. Some of these scholarships may be applicable to finance students.
You are eligible to apply if you have earned a Bachelor of Science in a similar science discipline, but you may be at a disadvantage compared to engineering majors who have applied. Please thoroughly review the requirements of the program in the MSME Graduate Handbook to help you decide if you are prepared for our program.
Yes. Students with a BS degree are eligible to apply to the PhD program.
You can enter all types of work experience in the Education and Experience section as well as detailing these experiences on your CV (Resumé).
We strongly advise all our clients to have a proper excel sheet or a timetables mapped out.
Once you are done with GMAT the entire application process usually take 4-6 weeks
GMAT / GRE Score
If you are not sure about what score to target then look at the average score of the schools you want and shoot above the average.
Get your profile evaluated from a professional consultant and figure out what schools you can target based on your profile
3-4 weeks at least.
Start writing at least 1 month in advance of their 1st deadline. First application usually takes the longest.
School will notify you and give you roughly 1 week to schedule your interview. Ideally, start your prep ASAP and Do some mock interviews.