The personal interview for Masters in Finance at the IE Business School will be taken by members of the Admissions Committee, which is made up of university staff members who will assess your suitability as a candidate. The interview will attempt to get to know you better and will assess specific qualities such as your personality, critical thinking ability, method of self expression, and other communication skills. The goal is to assess your potential as an IE University student, with the objective of building a mutually beneficial relationship both personally and academically. Stay calm and answer the questions confidently and clearly.
IE Business School MiF Frequently Asked Interview Questions
- Why are you interested in Finance?
- What do you want to do after graduation?
- Tell us about your long-term goals?
- What are derivatives, options, value at risk, proprietary trading?
- How can you use your current background in your future career in finance?
- Why IE Business School?
- What would you bring to the student body and the program?
Received an Interview Invite?
Need Help with Interview Preparation?
Check out our interview Preparation focused services to get started with your Interview preparation
IE Business School MiF Interview Questions – 1
Round 2 applicants were interviewed on January 19, 2017. Exactly 30 minutes were spent doing the interview with a second-year student in a tiny conference room on campus. Although the interview was conducted in the dark, the interviewer had already seen my resume.
1. Please introduce yourself.
2. Go through your resume with me.
3. Why do you want to be a MIF? (I provided an answer in the form of a goal)
4. Why IE?
5. The interviewer asked three to four behavioral questions that focused on IE’s fundamental values (such as leadership, teamwork, and cooperation).
Do you have any other queries for me?
This was my first interview of the year, and it was much more informal than I had anticipated. There were no shocks throughout the interview, and the conversation moved pleasantly and organically. The interviewer took notes the entire time while going over my résumé.
IE Business School MiF Interview Questions – 2
I must admit that my personal interview with the MiF program at IE Business School was one of the most interesting interviews I have ever had. I requested an off-campus interview because I couldn’t visit the school, and the admissions staff kindly arranged for me to speak with an alumni called Carlos. The interview was held at a comfortable coffee shop, which created a welcoming atmosphere. The queries Carlos posed during the interview are listed below:
1. Please share a fact about yourself not included in your application.
2. What is the most important choice you have made throughout your academic and professional career, and why are you proud of it?
3. Describe a scenario in which you had to overcome obstacles while collaborating with a group of peers. What did you learn from the experience and how did you handle it?
4. Share your thoughts on the state of the economy, including market developments, world events, and long-term competitive advantages for businesses.
5. How do you see yourself contributing to the IE community and the MiF program if you are accepted to IE Business School?
6. I saw in your application that you had been involved in the co-founding of a nonprofit. Could you tell us more about it and the effects it has had?
7. Describe a major obstacle you overcame in your professional career and how you overcame it.
8. Do you have any inquiries for me regarding the MiF program or IE Business School?
In general, the interview was a valuable experience that gave me the chance to highlight my skills and goals for the IE Business School MiF program. Carlos was a great interviewer who probed into several facets of my profile and created an open and interesting dialogue. I felt energized and inspired after the interview as I considered enrolling at IE Business School.
IE Business School MiF Interview Questions – 3
Hello, everyone! On campus, I spoke with a second-year student for my MiF interview with the IE Business School. The interview took place in a little conference room and lasted for at least 30 minutes. She was familiar with my history because she had already read my resume. These are the inquiries she posed to me:
1. Would you please elaborate about yourself?
2. Go over your resume with me and point out your most noteworthy experiences.
3. Why are you drawn to the MiF program at IE Business School in particular and an MBA in general?
4. What distinguishes IE Business School from the other institutions you applied to?
5. Maria questioned me about my leadership, teamwork, and cooperation behaviors.
6. She allowed me to ask whatever questions I had at the conclusion of the session.
The interview’s general tone was laid-back and welcoming.
IE Business School MiF Interview Questions – 4
The 45-minute video conference interview was conducted over the internet. She answered insightful questions and showed a thorough comprehension of the subject. Here are some of the interview’s high points:
1. Give us a quick rundown of your educational and professional experience.
2. Why did you decide to attend IE Business School for your Master of Finance program?
3. Give an example of a difficult financial project or issue you have dealt with, along with your solution.
4. How do you intend to make use of your past professional background and financial industry skills?
5. How do you see yourself contributing to the inclusive and collaborative learning environment of the IE Business School MIF program as a student?
6. What is your long-term professional objective, and how does the MIF program fit into that?
7. Have you had the chance to speak with any former or present students or faculty members of the IE Business School? If so, what knowledge or connections did you take away from them?
8. Have you got anything more to say that we haven’t covered yet?
9. Are there any inquiries you have for me regarding the MIF program, campus life, or the alumni network?
The interview was smart and interesting all around. It was a good experience because to her knowledge and sincere interest in my history and objectives. After the interview, I had a greater understanding of the IE Business School MIF program and how it may help me achieve my financial career goals.
IE Business School MiF Interview Questions – 5
Some of the questions posed are as follows:
1. Could you kindly provide us a brief introduction to yourself and a summary of your educational and professional background?
2. Why are you considering enrolling in IE Business School’s Master of Finance program?
3. What job path do you see yourself on following the program?
4. Have you given any thought to the precise areas of financial specialty on which you would like to concentrate your studies?
5. Which facets of the MIF program at the IE Business School stand out to you and are in line with your objectives?
6. You cited your participation in a nonprofit organization in your application. Please elaborate on your experience and the results it has had.
7. What special abilities or viewpoints do you think you can offer the IE Business School MIF student body?
8. Do you have any queries for me regarding the course or IE Business School in general?