Short Answer – The average GMAT score at IE is 682 for the last entering class. If you score above 682, you have a fair shot and you will receive an encouraging response to your profile evaluation from the admission committee.
Long Answer – There is no such thing as a safe score, higher is always better. In our years of consulting experience, we have seen our clients with 640 getting selected into top schools like INSEAD and on the other hand, someone with a 770 getting rejected too. A good benchmark that we advise all our clients to beat is the average GMAT score of the last entering class as mentioned in the Class profile published every year. Scoring above the average gets you a fair shot;
“The higher your score, the better is it for your interview or admission chance.”
If you plan to apply with a score that is below the average, then you are starting a fight with one hand tied behind your back or, let’s say, you are starting a few yards behind your competitors. You can definitely catch up in other sections of the application by writing outstanding essays or performing really well in an interview later. But it is always nice to start ahead of the competitor. A higher GMAT score helps one gain a competitive advantage.
“What if you are from the over represented Indian or Asian Pool?”
The over-represented candidate pool of Indian or Chinese applicants usually goes through a rigorous preparation process for GMAT, with a lot of Indian applicants scoring quite high. Hence, the overall competition and the Average score for this diaspora goes up by a few notches. That is why we recommend candidates within the most over-represented profiles to shoot at least 20 points higher than the school’s class profile average.
The average salary at IE for the last graduating class was €88,000. 91% of the class was employed within 3 months of graduation with the majority of the class going into consulting (21%), Finance (23%), and technology (29%) oriented functional roles.
As a transformative educational institution, it aims to empower students to make their mark on the world. It provides them with the skills, knowledge and environment needed to make a difference, and they join a supportive and international community that lasts a lifetime.
The Tuition fee for IE MIF is € 54,200 and an additional € 13,200 in living costs.
IE also offers customized, merit-based aid and loan programs to make sure financial issues don’t impede the success of outstanding students.
QS Top MIF
Wondering if you can target this school?
Join our live workshop
Get all your profile related questions answered.
What is the most important thing that you would like us to know that is not in your resume or application?
[There are three formats you can choose to express yourself: a video (max. 3 minutes), a PowerPoint presentation (max. 10 slides), or a written essay (between 250-650 words). Please pay special attention to punctuation, structure and content.]
We strongly advise all our clients to have a proper excel sheet or a timetables mapped out.
Once you are done with GMAT the entire application process usually take 4-6 weeks
GMAT / GRE Score
If you are not sure about what score to target then look at the average score of the schools you want and shoot above the average.
Get your profile evaluated from a professional consultant and figure out what schools you can target based on your profile
3-4 weeks at least.
Start writing at least 1 month in advance of their 1st deadline. First application usually takes the longest.
School will notify you and give you roughly 1 week to schedule your interview. Ideally, start your prep ASAP and Do some mock interviews.
The first step to apply is to complete and submit the application form. You will need to register with your personal email on the platform and create a password so you can access it as many times as you need.
1. Fill out the online application form: Candidates should complete the sections that appear in the online application form and upload the required documents. You can access the online application form.
2. Online assessment: Once you have submitted the online application and paid the application fee, you will receive a link to the online assessment, known as the Kira Assessment Kira. This allows the admissions team to get a sense of your personality and potential before proceeding to a possible interview. Completing the assessment is simple—you will be given 3 questions to answer in a set amount of time. One of your responses will be written, and two will be recorded via video. The whole process should only take 20 to 30 minutes to complete.
3. Entrance exam*: Candidates are required to take either the GMAT, GRE.
4. Personal Interview: Once you have completed the previous steps, the Admissions Committee will review your application and determine whether to advance you to the final interview phase. The interview will allow us to get to know you better, and further assess certain qualities, such as your personality, capacity for critical thinking, method of self-expression and other communication skills. Our objective is to gauge your potential as a part of IE University, developing a mutually beneficial relationship both personally and academically. This interview can be either face-to-face or via video conference.
5. Final Committee Decision: Once you have completed the application form, submitted the required documentation, and attended the personal interview, your application is reviewed by the University’s Admissions Committee. This is the last step of your application and it will take roughly 1-3 weeks for the Admissions Committee to get back to you with a final decision via e-mail. The first step to apply is to complete and submit the application form. You will need to register with your personal email on our platform and create a password so you can access it as many times as you need.
No, there is no deadline because IE has a rolling admissions process, which means that you can apply at any time of the year. However, due to the large number of applications IE receives, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.