Purdue MeM Interviews
About MeM Interviews:
Make a great impression by communicating your interest in and knowledge of the organization as well as the value you’ll add. Remember that the interview is a conversation. It’s your opportunity to communicate your brand and also assess alignment with your goals.
Typical Interview Method:
- Behavioural Questions: Evaluating your prior knowledge and program-relevant abilities.
“Describe a time you faced a significant challenge and how you overcame it.”
“Tell me about a situation where you demonstrated leadership qualities.”
- Situational Questions: Assessing your ability to solve problems and make decisions.
“How would you handle a conflict within a project team?”
“Explain your approach to prioritising tasks amidst competing deadlines.”
- Technical Questions: Testing your knowledge of the fundamentals of engineering management.
“Define the concept of project management and its key elements.”
“Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different engineering management tools.”
Purdue MeM Frequently Asked Interview Questions
- “Why are you interested in the MeM program?”
- “What are your strengths and weaknesses?”
- “Tell me about your experience with project management.”
- “What contributions do you expect to make to the MeM program?”
- “Do you have any questions for us?”
5 Tips to Ace Your MeM Interview:
- Do extensive research on Purdue University and the MeM programme.
- Practise responding to common interview questions.
- Arrive on time and wear business attire.
- Be eager, clear, and self-assured.
- Make meaningful inquiries that show you are genuinely interested.
- Write a thank-you note as a follow-up to the interview.
Received an Interview Invite?
Need Help with Interview Preparation?
Check out our interview Preparation focused services to get started with your Interview preparation
Purdue MeM Interview Experience-1
“My interview lasted for almost 35 minutes. The majority of the interview was conducted in conversation. The order of the interview questions I can remember is as follows:”
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Guide me through your resume.
3. Why did you choose Purdue?
4. What are your strengths/weaknesses?
5. What would you like to be doing five years from now?
6. Which of your classes at Purdue would be of most value to this position and why?
“It was casual and was fun, I got selected.”
Purdue MeM Interview Experience-2
“Last week, I had a MeM personal interview with an adcom of Purdue University. The interview was held over Skype and it lasted for about 30 minutes. The interviewer was very polite and made me very comfortable for the interview. “
1. Have you ever recognized a problem before your boss or others in the organization? What did you do?
2. Tell me about the time you missed an obvious solution to a problem.
3. Tell me about a time you had to decide without much information at your disposal.
4. Describe a situation where you had to think on your feet to get yourself out of a difficult situation.
5. Give an example of a time when you had to deal with frequent organizational changes or unexpected events.
“Do you want to know anything about the course or anything we forgot to mention?”
Purdue MeM Interview Experience-3
“I recently received acceptance to the Purdue MeM programme. It took place not too long ago. Since this was my first interview for a school, I was a little nervous. The general tone of the interview was conversational, which was helpful, even though it included both normal interview questions and behavioural inquiries. There is no set sequence that is adhered to. These are the inquiries:”
1. Describe the type of environment that motivates your productivity.
2. Give me an example of a time when something you were working on “slipped through the cracks.”
3. If I called your former boss, how would he/she describe you?
4. What job factors are important to you and why?
5. Tell me about a time you were working on multiple projects that had conflicting deadlines.
“Hope this is helpful for the upcoming candidates.”
Purdue MeM Interview Experience-4
“Date of interview: October 22, 20. My interview was conducted via Skype. The interviewer made an effort to inquire about my educational background and work history.”
1. Describe a situation where you had to take immediate action in a high-pressure situation.
2. Tell me about the time you had to go above and beyond the call of duty to get the job done.
3. Describe a project in your past position that failed.
4. Tell me about a time when you had to influence or persuade someone to do something for you that might have been an inconvenience for him/her.
5. Tell me about a time when you were most persuasive in overcoming resistance to your ideas or point of view.
“Make sure you are honest and maintain the tone of the conversation”
Purdue MeM Interview Experience-5
“I was interviewed by the MeM admissions committee, and the overall interview experience was good, I didn’t make it but got a good interview experience”
1. Define three qualities of a good leader. Which one do you need to work on most?
2. Describe a time when you reprimanded an employee for poor performance.
3. Describe your management style in dealing with staff and co-workers.
4. Tell me about the leader you most admire and why.
5. Why choose Purdue?
“Do you have any questions?”