Yale SOM Kira Video Interview
The Kira video interview is an online video interview platform that a number of business schools, notably Yale, have utilised to evaluate potential students’ communication abilities, thoughtfulness, and overall compatibility with the programme.
- Instead of depending just on the written component of the application, this is your chance to talk directly to the committee, giving them the opportunity to measure attributes that they might observe when meeting in person rather than relying solely on the written portion of the application.
- There are no “trick questions,” and they have no intention of making you feel foolish. The questions that are asked are quite similar to those that are asked in conventional job or MBA interviews; therefore, you should take the time that is given to you to gather your thoughts before providing a response.
- A couple of pointers that I’d like to provide with you are to become used to responding within a time period of 60–90 seconds and to become comfortable talking to the camera on your computer. The use of Skype to practise with a friend is a wonderful technique to accomplish this goal. Turn off the video that your friend is recording, and have a cell phone timer keep track of how long it takes you to respond.
- Be aware that it is not necessary to use all of the allotted response time. Simply pressing the “stop” button on your screen will allow you to finish your response and bring the recording to a close.
- And finally, before you begin your official recordings, make use of the practise tool that has been offered to you. This not only provides you with the chance to test your internet connection, camera, and microphone, but it also enables you to grow comfortable utilising the technology and to simply be yourself, all of which are essential to your success in this endeavour.
Yale SOM MBA Frequently Asked Kira Video Interview Questions
- Where in the world would you most like to travel, and why do you want to go there?
- What is the most difficult obstacle that leaders must overcome in the modern era?
- What are some of the efforts you use to personally resolve conflicts?
- Do you believe that technology brings us together or further divides us?
- What does your idea of success look like?
- The most significant achievement to date
- Comment on the notion that “leaders do not search for consensus but moulder of consensus”
- Please give an example of a leadership style that you respect.
- If your friends were to describe you, what characteristics would they use?
- Kindly share your thoughts on the following statement: “It is impossible to get an education without participating in the arts.” Are you in agreement or do you disagree? why?
- Do you believe that the most important aspect of an organisation is the people who are responsible for raising money for it? How come? why not?
- What would you say are some of your best qualities, as well as your areas of improvement?
- Your thoughts are requested about the following statement: “As businesses become more global, the differences between cultures decrease.” Are you in agreement or do you disagree? Why
- Please describe a time when you faced a difficult situation at work and how you dealt with it.
- Please describe how you become involved with a local community or an established organisation.
- Please describe the kind of leadership you exercise.
- What have you done to contribute to the success of your firm or organisation?
- Describe a time when your team had a disagreement and how you resolved it.
- We would appreciate your feedback on the following assertion: “Imagination is more important than knowledge.” Imagination, on the other hand, encompasses the entire world and everything that will ever be available to know and comprehend, whereas knowledge is restricted to what we already know and understand. Are you in agreement or do you disagree? why?
- Do you believe that the highest priority for a chief executive should be to maximise profits for shareholders, or do you take the opposite position?
- Which of your achievements are you the most pleased with?
- Can you tell us about a time when you had to make a tough choice and how you handled it?
- Give us an example of a creative solution you came up with.
- Describe a time when you and a group of people had the opportunity to take a shortcut, but you chose not to.
- If you get into a disagreement with one of your future students during the programme, how do you plan to handle it?
- Why do you believe that now is the right moment for you to get your MBA? / Why have you decided to get your MBA at this time?
- Recount an instance in which you were unable to meet a predetermined deadline for a project.
- What caused you to fall behind, and how did you plan to get back up to speed?
- “The People Who Broke the Rules Are the People Who Stayed in Our Memories the Longest” To what extent do you agree or disagree with the aforementioned statement?
- Please share a story with us about a moment when you were required to make an additional effort to accomplish something. What exactly was the task, and how did you go about accomplishing it successfully?
Mistakes To Avoid In Kira Interview
Not acquainting yourself with the platform
To avoid technical difficulties, you must acquaint yourself with the Kira Talent platform before the video interview. Practice using the platform beforehand and ensure your microphone, camera, and internet connection are working properly.
Bad time management
Kira video interviews are timed, so it’s crucial to administer your time effectively. Ensure to read and understand the instructions and questions before answering and try to stick to the recommended time limit.
Not dressing professionally
Although Kira video interviews are conducted online, it is necessary to dress professionally to make an excellent first impression. Dress formally like you would for an in-person interview, and avoid wearing anything too distracting or flashy.
Not preparing ahead of time
Just like any other video interview, preparing for a Kira video interview is important. Research thoroughly for the discussion and prepare answers to common interview questions. Refrain from trying to memorize but understand the subject. Memorizing may sometimes backfire if the questions are different from the expected format.
Understand and write
Understand your question and give the best possible response. Never use possible responses given by a computer to answer your questions. You might sound fake, and the reviewers would very well be able to tell the difference.
Not paying attention to body language and non-verbal cues
Pay attention to your body language and non-verbal cues during a Kira Talent interview. Make sure to maintain eye contact, sit up straight, and avoid fidgeting or making distracting movements.
Not being concise and clear
Kira video interviews are timed, so it’s important to be concise and clear in your answers. Avoid being confused or going off on tangents, and make sure to answer the question directly and succinctly.
To know more about Kira video assessments, tips and tricks, click here.
FAQs about Kira Interview
How does the Kira Talent one-way video interview take place?
During a Kira video assessment, you may be required to submit timed video and/or textual responses to questions that have been pre-recorded by the school. You will be able to record your responses from the convenience of your own home, and you will have complete control over the timing of these recordings. This interview is only one-way.
Once you begin your practise or asynchronous assessment questions, you will be able to view the number of questions you have, the format of your questions (whether they are video or written), as well as the amount of time you have to prepare and respond to each question.
You will watch a single instance of a pre-recorded video when you are presented with a video question. During both the time allotted for preparation and the time allotted for responses, the text of the related question will be shown on the screen for your perusal. You will respond to a video question in a format that is timed and recorded video. Using the countdown timer and bar that is located at the very top of your screen, you will be able to keep track of the remaining time you have for preparation and response.
What are the Practice questions in Kira video assessment?
You can become more comfortable with the platform by answering the practise questions in Kira, and you can also use them to verify that your device is configured correctly. Nevertheless, it is important to be aware of the following main variations between the practise questions and the actual assessment questions:
During the period of practise, you are free to finish answering your questions an unlimited number of times. During the actual test, you will only have one opportunity to answer each question.
During the practise, you will have the opportunity to playback your responses and gain an understanding of how you come across to others. During the actual test, you will not be able to review your previous responses.
Only your answers to the authentic evaluation questions will be taken into consideration. Nobody, not even you, other than you, has access to anything you filmed while you were practising.
The similarities between the practise questions and the actual questions on the test are not guaranteed to exist. The amount of time allotted for preparation and response between each question is also subject to change.
To know more about types of questions in Kira, click here.
Can I redo a Kira question?
You will not be able to repeat your questions once your responses to your asynchronous assessment have been submitted (or until your interview is over, whichever comes first). The school to which you are applying has the authority to decide whether or not to allow you to retake an examination in certain circumstances.
Please get in touch with the institution to which you have applied directly if you have solid evidence supporting the conclusion that you need to repeat the exam. Your responses are going to be analysed, and if a new attempt is necessary, you will be given one.
To know more about redo, retake and deadline extension for your Kira video interview, click here.
What are the tools required for Kira interviews?
In order to successfully finish any kind of test in Kira, you will need the following things:
- Laptop or a desktop
- Whether internal or external, a camera
- Microphone, either internal or external (use of headphones is also acceptable!)
- Stable connection to the internet
How long will I need to complete Kira?
If this is your first time using Kira, it is highly recommended that you schedule aside fifteen to thirty minutes in order to finish the Check-In process.
Please click on the “Learn More” button that is located on your landing page in order to access to the “Details” page. This will provide you with more precise information regarding the scheduling of your asynchronous assessment or live interview.