Simon Fraser Kira Video Interview
The Kira video interview is an online video interview platform that a number of business schools, notably Simon Fraser, have utilised to evaluate potential students’ communication abilities, thoughtfulness, and overall compatibility with the programme.
- You will be provided with a link to the KIRA Platform for you to complete these questions after your documents have been uploaded. You will be asked 4 random questions which are designed to allow the Admissions Committee to get to know you better.
- For every video-based question, a minimum of 30 seconds to 1-minute preparation time slot is allowed. There is a practice session before you go ahead with the actual interview.
- Upon completion of the Kira assessment, your application is complete and will enter the formal review process.
Simon Fraser MBA Frequently Asked Kira Video Interview Questions
- Which of your accomplishments are you most proud of?
- Describe a dream that you had not too long ago.
- Are you of the opinion that the majority of individuals act more out of altruism than they do self-interest?
- Please share with me a humorous experience that you’ve had in the recent past.
- Share a story with us about a moment when you had to work together with other people. What characteristics do you believe are necessary for effective collaboration to take place?
- When you have a number of important activities to complete at the same time, how can you efficiently prioritise them?
- What do you consider to be your most important achievement?
- Tell us about a time when you had to defend an idea or opinion that was held by a minority of people. What steps did you take to ensure that your opinion was heard, and what was the result of those steps?
- When you are forced to make a decision in a short amount of time, what kind of method do you employ?
- Please share with us a piece of information about yourself that is not included in your application documents.
- How would you describe yourself using no more than three words?
- Who do you look up to and why?
- Share with us one of your best accomplishments. How did you build up this strength, and how has it contributed to your overall success?
- What aspects of this opportunity interested you enough to make you want to submit an application for it? Share with us your top three choices.
- Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group that consisted of people with extremely various backgrounds and perspectives. What actions did you take as the leader of the team to ensure that the aim was met, and what was the result of those actions?
- What is it that you do in your spare time that takes up the most of your time, other than school and work? What makes this such a big deal for you?
- Which one is more important to you, being socially responsible or making a profit? Why do you believe that one should take precedence over the other (i.e., choose a side and argue for it)?
- Tell us about a moment when you had to reach an agreement with a coworker that satisfied both parties.
- How would you describe the various forms of social media to someone who is 80 years old, such as Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter?
- Which was the most recent book that you read?What is the song that has been played the most on your computer? What was the most recent movie that you watched?
- Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to assist a person who was not a close friend or part of your family.
How to Prepare for the Kira Video Interview: 5 Tips
You probably already know the fundamentals of interviewing if you’re about to participate in a Kira video interview. But being ready for a video interview can differ greatly from getting ready for a face-to-face one.
Here are 5 preparation suggestions to help you maximize your interview and leave a positive impression on the interviewer:
- Practice: It’s a good idea to practice your responses before the interview, just like an in-person interview. Consider researching typical Kira video interview questions and working on responses that show your knowledge and enthusiasm.
- Test Your Tech: Make sure your computer is up-to-date and that you have a reliable internet connection. Also, test your webcam, microphone, speakers, and any other equipment you’ll be using so that there are no issues when it comes time for the actual interview.
- Check the Lighting: Ensure that your surrounding is well lit. Moreover, ensure that your environment is professional and free from distractions like pets or children. Avoid background noise and any decorations or furniture that could detract from the interviewer’s attention away from you.
- Dress Appropriately: Even though this isn’t an in-person interview, it’s still important to dress respectfully as if it were an in-person one. Be presentable and wear clothing that reflects positively upon yourself when appearing on camera!
- Speak Clearly: When speaking to an interviewer during a video call, ensure that your speech is clear and concise by paying attention to how you enunciate each word and how quickly (or slowly) you speak each sentence aloud.
FAQs about Kira Interview
How does the Kira Talent one-way video interview take place?
During a Kira video assessment, you may be required to submit timed video and/or textual responses to questions that have been pre-recorded by the school. You will be able to record your responses from the convenience of your own home, and you will have complete control over the timing of these recordings. This interview is only one-way.
Once you begin your practise or asynchronous assessment questions, you will be able to view the number of questions you have, the format of your questions (whether they are video or written), as well as the amount of time you have to prepare and respond to each question.
You will watch a single instance of a pre-recorded video when you are presented with a video question. During both the time allotted for preparation and the time allotted for responses, the text of the related question will be shown on the screen for your perusal. You will respond to a video question in a format that is timed and recorded video. Using the countdown timer and bar that is located at the very top of your screen, you will be able to keep track of the remaining time you have for preparation and response.
What are the Practice questions in Kira video assessment?
You can become more comfortable with the platform by answering the practise questions in Kira, and you can also use them to verify that your device is configured correctly. Nevertheless, it is important to be aware of the following main variations between the practise questions and the actual assessment questions:
During the period of practise, you are free to finish answering your questions an unlimited number of times. During the actual test, you will only have one opportunity to answer each question.
During the practise, you will have the opportunity to playback your responses and gain an understanding of how you come across to others. During the actual test, you will not be able to review your previous responses.
Only your answers to the authentic evaluation questions will be taken into consideration. Nobody, not even you, other than you, has access to anything you filmed while you were practising.
The similarities between the practise questions and the actual questions on the test are not guaranteed to exist. The amount of time allotted for preparation and response between each question is also subject to change.
To know more about types of questions in Kira, click here.
Can I redo a Kira question?
You will not be able to repeat your questions once your responses to your asynchronous assessment have been submitted (or until your interview is over, whichever comes first). The school to which you are applying has the authority to decide whether or not to allow you to retake an examination in certain circumstances.
Please get in touch with the institution to which you have applied directly if you have solid evidence supporting the conclusion that you need to repeat the exam. Your responses are going to be analysed, and if a new attempt is necessary, you will be given one.
To know more about redo, retake and deadline extension for your Kira video interview, click here.
What are the tools required for Kira interviews?
In order to successfully finish any kind of test in Kira, you will need the following things:
- Laptop or a desktop
- Whether internal or external, a camera
- Microphone, either internal or external (use of headphones is also acceptable!)
- Stable connection to the internet
How long will I need to complete Kira?
If this is your first time using Kira, it is highly recommended that you schedule aside fifteen to thirty minutes in order to finish the Check-In process.
Please click on the “Learn More” button that is located on your landing page in order to access to the “Details” page. This will provide you with more precise information regarding the scheduling of your asynchronous assessment or live interview.