Rotman Kira Video Interview
The Kira video interview is an online video interview platform that a number of business schools, notably Kellogg, have utilised to evaluate potential students’ communication abilities, thoughtfulness, and overall compatibility with the programme.
- Make good use of the preparation time of thirty seconds. Think deeply about the question and then only, start answering.
- If you give yourself at least 15 identical practise questions before you begin the actual test, you’ll be able to “get in the zone” much more quickly when it comes time to take the actual test.
- Make it a goal to limit your comments to no more than two or three variables. Too many topics and subjects can lead to confusion and difficulty in conclusion.
- Consider your words carefully before speaking. It is best if you analyse the behaviour by applying the factors, reasons, or learning points depending on the question that you have been supplied with.
Rotman MBA Frequently Asked Kira Video Interview Questions
- What advice would you provide to the students who will eventually be your classmates?
- Describe a pastime that you take pleasure in.
- What do you think was the most important piece of guidance that your first boss provided you?
- Which of the risks that you’ve taken in your life so far been the most significant?
- What do you think your coworkers would say about you?
- Describe a person who has had a significant impact on your life and explain why.
- How do you spend your free time?
- What are some of your favourite things to do, hobbies, and interests?
- Who would you choose to go across the United States with you in a car trip if you could go with anyone, and why would you choose that person?
- What sorts of things would you do if it were pouring rain on a Sunday afternoon?
- How did you respond when someone was being difficult to you? What new knowledge did it give you?
- Describe a challenging choice that you had to make in your professional life. What were the repercussions, and what, if anything, did you pick up from this experience?
- What are some ways that you celebrate your success?
- Which of these characteristics do you value the most? Why?
- Why an MBA?
- Why would you?
- What did you do this past week that required a lot of courage?
- What are some of the things that motivate you in your personal life?
- What kind of act would you choose to put on if you were forced to participate in a talent show?
Strategies for Kira Video Interview
Pay attention to your skills and attitude.
Kira does want you to do well, and doing well on the Kira assessment is all about showing that your skills and attitude match the goals and values of the organisation. Show how you can solve problems and how excited you are about the job and the company.
Get ready for questions about your behaviour
Because the Kira interview is computerised and automatic, you might be asked to give short answers to questions about your behaviour. Prepare for these kinds of questions before your interview to make sure you have a good answer.
Show how much you know.
Your answer choices should show how much you know about the job and the company. Make sure that each answer you give relates to some part of the job description and shows why you are a good fit for the job.
Take a Break and Think
When answering an open-ended question or a deep-dive critical question, it’s best to take a moment before answering. This will show employers that you carefully think about each answer before giving a response. This can help if they are testing your ability to think critically.
To find more, check out some tips about video essays and interview, click here.
FAQs about Kira Interview
How does the Kira Talent one-way video interview take place?
During a Kira video assessment, you may be required to submit timed video and/or textual responses to questions that have been pre-recorded by the school. You will be able to record your responses from the convenience of your own home, and you will have complete control over the timing of these recordings. This interview is only one-way.
Once you begin your practise or asynchronous assessment questions, you will be able to view the number of questions you have, the format of your questions (whether they are video or written), as well as the amount of time you have to prepare and respond to each question.
You will watch a single instance of a pre-recorded video when you are presented with a video question. During both the time allotted for preparation and the time allotted for responses, the text of the related question will be shown on the screen for your perusal. You will respond to a video question in a format that is timed and recorded video. Using the countdown timer and bar that is located at the very top of your screen, you will be able to keep track of the remaining time you have for preparation and response.
What are the Practice questions in Kira video assessment?
You can become more comfortable with the platform by answering the practise questions in Kira, and you can also use them to verify that your device is configured correctly. Nevertheless, it is important to be aware of the following main variations between the practise questions and the actual assessment questions:
During the period of practise, you are free to finish answering your questions an unlimited number of times. During the actual test, you will only have one opportunity to answer each question.
During the practise, you will have the opportunity to playback your responses and gain an understanding of how you come across to others. During the actual test, you will not be able to review your previous responses.
Only your answers to the authentic evaluation questions will be taken into consideration. Nobody, not even you, other than you, has access to anything you filmed while you were practising.
The similarities between the practise questions and the actual questions on the test are not guaranteed to exist. The amount of time allotted for preparation and response between each question is also subject to change.
To know more about types of questions in Kira, click here.
Can I redo a Kira question?
You will not be able to repeat your questions once your responses to your asynchronous assessment have been submitted (or until your interview is over, whichever comes first). The school to which you are applying has the authority to decide whether or not to allow you to retake an examination in certain circumstances.
Please get in touch with the institution to which you have applied directly if you have solid evidence supporting the conclusion that you need to repeat the exam. Your responses are going to be analysed, and if a new attempt is necessary, you will be given one.
To know more about redo, retake and deadline extension for your Kira video interview, click here.
What are the tools required for Kira interviews?
In order to successfully finish any kind of test in Kira, you will need the following things:
- Laptop or a desktop
- Whether internal or external, a camera
- Microphone, either internal or external (use of headphones is also acceptable!)
- Stable connection to the internet
How long will I need to complete Kira?
If this is your first time using Kira, it is highly recommended that you schedule aside fifteen to thirty minutes in order to finish the Check-In process.
Please click on the “Learn More” button that is located on your landing page in order to access to the “Details” page. This will provide you with more precise information regarding the scheduling of your asynchronous assessment or live interview.