Rice Jones Kira Video Interview
The Kira video interview is an online video interview platform that a number of business schools, have utilised to evaluate potential students’ communication abilities, thoughtfulness, and overall compatibility with the programme.
Following the submission of an application by a candidate, the document is checked to ensure that all required information is there and then subjected to a first evaluation. The preliminary review is followed by the extension of an invitation to participate in additional assessment activities. The Rice Virtual Assessment and the Community Assessment are also a part of these. The (RVA) is a one-way virtual interview in which candidates are requested to answer pre-recorded behavioural questions to augment their applications.
Sit straight: A good posture is always necessary for projecting confidence and credibility. Sit straight with your shoulders relaxed and your feet flat on the ground.
Make eye contact: Always maintain eye contact with your camera for the video essay or the interviewer. This conveys confidence and honesty. But refrain from staring too much, as this can appear aggressive.
Rice Jones MBA Frequently Asked Video Assessment Questions
- In deciding to attend RICE as your business school, what criteria did you take into consideration?
- Please share an experience with me in which you were confronted with a moral conundrum.
- When you were part of a team in the past, how did you handle a disagreement that arose between the members?
- Who was your favourite teacher, and why did you like them so much?
- Who is the one person that comes to mind when you think about going out to eat, and why? A living individual or someone from the past can be considered.
- Share a story with us about a time when you worked with someone who was from a different culture, and reflect on what you picked up from that experience.
- Rice, why?
- Describe a time when your morality was tested in a difficult setting.
- Describe a circumstance in which you were unable to meet a deadline that you had set for yourself because of the labour of another person.
- The applicants for this MBA programme need to demonstrate that they are capable of maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Tell us about the things you’ve been working on to get yourself ready for the challenging nature of the programme.
- In what ways do you anticipate diversity-related challenges will influence the job you conduct in the future inside a company?
- Imagine that you have no choice but to fire one of your hardworking employees, despite the fact that they deserve it. What would you do? How would you go about handling the problem in a way that demonstrates concern for the other person?
- Share a story with me about a time when you failed to meet a deadline because you had taken on too much responsibility. What went wrong, and how are you going to make sure it doesn’t happen again?
- Please describe a situation in which you felt that it was imperative that you act morally. despite the fact that choosing between the two options is not easy.
- How can you become ready to tackle the increased amount of work that comes with the transition from undergraduate to graduate school?
- Why Do You Eat Rice? What do you consider to be the most intriguing part of Rice University and the MBA programme?
- It can be challenging to put change into action, particularly if your values and views shift over time. What steps would you take to make the change?
- How would you fire an employee that has consistently been one of the best performers? In what ways might you demonstrate concern given the circumstances?
How to Prepare for the Kira Video Interview: 5 Tips
You probably already know the fundamentals of interviewing if you’re about to participate in a Kira video interview. But being ready for a video interview can differ greatly from getting ready for a face-to-face one.
Here are 5 preparation suggestions to help you maximize your interview and leave a positive impression on the interviewer:
- Practice: It’s a good idea to practice your responses before the interview, just like an in-person interview. Consider researching typical Kira video interview questions and working on responses that show your knowledge and enthusiasm for the job.
- Test Your Tech: Make sure your computer is up-to-date and that you have a reliable internet connection. Also, test your webcam, microphone, speakers, and any other equipment you’ll be using so that there are no issues when it comes time for the actual interview.
- Check the Lighting: Ensure that your surrounding is well lit. Moreover, ensure that your environment is professional and free from distractions like pets or children. Avoid background noise and any decorations or furniture that could detract from the interviewer’s attention away from you.
- Dress Appropriately: Even though this isn’t an in-person interview, it’s still important to dress respectfully as if it were an in-person one. Be presentable and wear clothing that reflects positively upon yourself when appearing on camera!
- Speak Clearly: When speaking to an interviewer during a video call, ensure that your speech is clear and concise by paying attention to how you enunciate each word and how quickly (or slowly) you speak each sentence aloud.
FAQs about Kira Interview
How does the Kira Talent one-way video interview take place?
During a Kira video assessment, you may be required to submit timed video and/or textual responses to questions that have been pre-recorded by the school. You will be able to record your responses from the convenience of your own home, and you will have complete control over the timing of these recordings. This interview is only one-way.
Once you begin your practise or asynchronous assessment questions, you will be able to view the number of questions you have, the format of your questions (whether they are video or written), as well as the amount of time you have to prepare and respond to each question.
You will watch a single instance of a pre-recorded video when you are presented with a video question. During both the time allotted for preparation and the time allotted for responses, the text of the related question will be shown on the screen for your perusal. You will respond to a video question in a format that is timed and recorded video. Using the countdown timer and bar that is located at the very top of your screen, you will be able to keep track of the remaining time you have for preparation and response.
What are the Practice questions in Kira video assessment?
You can become more comfortable with the platform by answering the practise questions in Kira, and you can also use them to verify that your device is configured correctly. Nevertheless, it is important to be aware of the following main variations between the practise questions and the actual assessment questions:
During the period of practise, you are free to finish answering your questions an unlimited number of times. During the actual test, you will only have one opportunity to answer each question.
During the practise, you will have the opportunity to playback your responses and gain an understanding of how you come across to others. During the actual test, you will not be able to review your previous responses.
Only your answers to the authentic evaluation questions will be taken into consideration. Nobody, not even you, other than you, has access to anything you filmed while you were practising.
The similarities between the practise questions and the actual questions on the test are not guaranteed to exist. The amount of time allotted for preparation and response between each question is also subject to change.
To know more about types of questions in Kira, click here.
Can I redo a Kira question?
You will not be able to repeat your questions once your responses to your asynchronous assessment have been submitted (or until your interview is over, whichever comes first). The school to which you are applying has the authority to decide whether or not to allow you to retake an examination in certain circumstances.
Please get in touch with the institution to which you have applied directly if you have solid evidence supporting the conclusion that you need to repeat the exam. Your responses are going to be analysed, and if a new attempt is necessary, you will be given one.
To know more about redo, retake and deadline extension for your Kira video interview, click here.
What are the tools required for Kira interviews?
In order to successfully finish any kind of test in Kira, you will need the following things:
- Laptop or a desktop
- Whether internal or external, a camera
- Microphone, either internal or external (use of headphones is also acceptable!)
- Stable connection to the internet
How long will I need to complete Kira?
If this is your first time using Kira, it is highly recommended that you schedule aside fifteen to thirty minutes in order to finish the Check-In process.
Please click on the “Learn More” button that is located on your landing page in order to access to the “Details” page. This will provide you with more precise information regarding the scheduling of your asynchronous assessment or live interview.