INSEAD Kira Video Interview
The Kira video interview is an online video interview platform that a number of business schools, notably INSEAD, have utilised to evaluate potential students’ communication abilities, thoughtfulness, and overall compatibility with the programme.
Shortly after completing your INSEAD MBA online application, you will receive an e-mail notification from Kira Talent with a unique link to complete 4 video interviews.
The video interviews are a unique opportunity for you to share your passions, your motivations and who you truly are. The MBA Admissions Committee is interested in obtaining an authentic view of you as a person, to see how you think on your feet and how you convey your ideas.
You are required to complete your video interviews at your earliest convenience and no later than 48 hours after the deadline to which you are applying.
- When recording videos with Kira, INSEAD suggests that you use either Microsoft Edge or Chrome because they offer the best user experience.
- You can get yourself ready by practising as much as you’d want to before the test. You will be able to communicate answers that are true and sincere as a result of this. The Admissions Committee does not have access to any of the practise questions.
- After you have checked your camera and your microphone, forget about the technology and gaze into the lens of the camera as if you were speaking to the Admissions Committee.
- In spite of the fact that they require you to dress in professional clothing or business casual attire, the Admissions Committee will not pass judgement on your appearance or your background.
- You will have 45 seconds to prepare each answer, and then you will have 60 seconds to share each answer with the Admissions Committee. It is recommended that you have a notebook ready next to you so that you may jot down your most important ideas.
- You must record your answers to 4 questions. Questions always vary from one applicant to another.
- You will need an internet connection, a desktop or laptop, a camera and a microphone. You can test your devices before starting the exercise. For optimal user experience, INSEAD recommends that you use Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Safari or Chrome to record your Kira videos (Internet Explorer is not supported). Mobile devices, smartphones and tablets are not supported in Kira at this time.
INSEAD MBA Frequently Asked Kira Video Interview Questions
- What distinguishes you as a promising applicant to INSEAD?
- Describe an instance when a supervisor or lecturer gave you constructive criticism and what you did in response to it. What emotions did it evoke in you?
- Tell me about a time when you gambled and it didn’t pay off.
- What are some hard goals that you have set for yourself while studying at INSEAD for the first year?
- What aspects of your decision to work in corporate diversity have been beneficial to you, and what aspects have been challenging?
- What exactly do you understand by the term “diversity”?
- Describe a situation in which your increased awareness of another person’s point of view led to a deeper comprehension of that person.
- In what ways could earning an MBA from INSEAD help you achieve your professional goals?
- In the course of your MBA studies at INSEAD, what do you hope to improve your knowledge of?
- How would you go about challenging prejudices in a professional setting?
- You are getting started on a new project with a team that consists of people from a variety of cultural backgrounds and educational backgrounds. What would you do to bring them together?
- When someone comes to you with a problem, what steps do you take to solve it?
- Which of the projects that you’ve worked on was the most intriguing to you? Why did you find it to be interesting?
- How do you make sure that your vision isn’t lost? Or that of the company you work for?
- Why Choose INSEAD?
- Describe the process that you would use to lay the groundwork for your organisation.
- How would you describe your approach to management?
- What steps did you take to expand your experience in other countries?
- In your opinion, what does it mean to have diversity?
- Give an example of a time when you had to make a difficult moral decision. What was the solution that you found? When coming up with a solution, what aspects did you take into account?
- In your opinion, what are the essential components necessary to launch and maintain a thriving business?
- Which project did you find yourself most interested in, and why?
- What subject would you choose to teach if you could pick anything, and why did you pick that subject?
- Please share with me the aspect of INSEAD that most appeals to you.
- Please provide me with an example of how you convinced the other members of your team.
- Give me an example of how you’ve been influenced by the culture of other countries. I’m quite interested.
- What are the three most important things that lead to success for entrepreneurs?
- What would you do with the additional hour that you would have each day if you had it?
- Which term best defines you, and why do you think that is?
- Share with us some details on the very first job you ever held.
- Which is the best book you’ve ever read, and why did you think it was the best?
- Who do you go to for guidance and why when you have an issue, and why do you go to them
- Which of your achievements do you feel the most pride for?
- What do you consider to be the most useful piece of guidance that anyone has ever given you?
- Which historical event, whether it be from the past, the present, or the future, would you most want to see?
- Please describe a cause or activity that has consumed a large portion of your time and tell us about it. Why did it have such a profound impact on you?
- Who or what has been a source of benefit to you, and how have you responded to their kindness?
- Share with us the most fascinating location you’ve ever visited in the world. What aspects of it did you appreciate the most?
- Which discovery made during your lifetime has had the most significant influence on you, and please explain why.
- What would you do with your life if you didn’t have to worry about money?
How to Prepare for the Kira Video Interview: 5 Tips
You probably already know the fundamentals of interviewing if you’re about to participate in a Kira video interview. But being ready for a video interview can differ greatly from getting ready for a face-to-face one.
Here are 5 preparation suggestions to help you maximize your interview and leave a positive impression on the interviewer:
- Practice: It’s a good idea to practice your responses before the interview, just like an in-person interview. Consider researching typical Kira video interview questions and working on responses that show your knowledge and enthusiasm.
- Test Your Tech: Make sure your computer is up-to-date and that you have a reliable internet connection. Also, test your webcam, microphone, speakers, and any other equipment you’ll be using so that there are no issues when it comes time for the actual interview.
- Check the Lighting: Ensure that your surrounding is well lit. Moreover, ensure that your environment is professional and free from distractions like pets or children. Avoid background noise and any decorations or furniture that could detract from the interviewer’s attention away from you.
- Dress Appropriately: Even though this isn’t an in-person interview, it’s still important to dress respectfully as if it were an in-person one. Be presentable and wear clothing that reflects positively upon yourself when appearing on camera!
- Speak Clearly: When speaking to an interviewer during a video call, ensure that your speech is clear and concise by paying attention to how you enunciate each word and how quickly (or slowly) you speak each sentence aloud.
FAQs about Kira Interview
How does the Kira Talent one-way video interview take place?
During a Kira video assessment, you may be required to submit timed video and/or textual responses to questions that have been pre-recorded by the school. You will be able to record your responses from the convenience of your own home, and you will have complete control over the timing of these recordings. This interview is only one-way.
Once you begin your practise or asynchronous assessment questions, you will be able to view the number of questions you have, the format of your questions (whether they are video or written), as well as the amount of time you have to prepare and respond to each question.
You will watch a single instance of a pre-recorded video when you are presented with a video question. During both the time allotted for preparation and the time allotted for responses, the text of the related question will be shown on the screen for your perusal. You will respond to a video question in a format that is timed and recorded video. Using the countdown timer and bar that is located at the very top of your screen, you will be able to keep track of the remaining time you have for preparation and response.
What are the Practice questions in Kira video assessment?
You can become more comfortable with the platform by answering the practise questions in Kira, and you can also use them to verify that your device is configured correctly. Nevertheless, it is important to be aware of the following main variations between the practise questions and the actual assessment questions:
During the period of practise, you are free to finish answering your questions an unlimited number of times. During the actual test, you will only have one opportunity to answer each question.
During the practise, you will have the opportunity to playback your responses and gain an understanding of how you come across to others. During the actual test, you will not be able to review your previous responses.
Only your answers to the authentic evaluation questions will be taken into consideration. Nobody, not even you, other than you, has access to anything you filmed while you were practising.
The similarities between the practise questions and the actual questions on the test are not guaranteed to exist. The amount of time allotted for preparation and response between each question is also subject to change.
To know more about types of questions in Kira, click here.
Can I redo a Kira question?
You will not be able to repeat your questions once your responses to your asynchronous assessment have been submitted (or until your interview is over, whichever comes first). The school to which you are applying has the authority to decide whether or not to allow you to retake an examination in certain circumstances.
Please get in touch with the institution to which you have applied directly if you have solid evidence supporting the conclusion that you need to repeat the exam. Your responses are going to be analysed, and if a new attempt is necessary, you will be given one.
To know more about redo, retake and deadline extension for your Kira video interview, click here.
What are the tools required for Kira interviews?
In order to successfully finish any kind of test in Kira, you will need the following things:
- Laptop or a desktop
- Whether internal or external, a camera
- Microphone, either internal or external (use of headphones is also acceptable!)
- Stable connection to the internet
How long will I need to complete Kira?
If this is your first time using Kira, it is highly recommended that you schedule aside fifteen to thirty minutes in order to finish the Check-In process.
Please click on the “Learn More” button that is located on your landing page in order to access to the “Details” page. This will provide you with more precise information regarding the scheduling of your asynchronous assessment or live interview.