HEC Montreal Kira Video Interview
The Kira video interview is an online video interview platform that a number of business schools, notably HEC Montreal, have utilised to evaluate potential students’ communication abilities, thoughtfulness, and overall compatibility with the programme.
HEC Montreal Frequently Asked Kira Video Interview Questions
- Please share with me a humorous experience that you’ve had in the recent past.
- Tell us about a time when you had to work together with a group of people. What characteristics do you believe are necessary for effective collaboration to take place?
- When you have a number of critical activities to complete at the same time, how can you successfully prioritise them?
- What do you consider to be your most important achievement?
- Tell us about a time when you had to defend an idea or opinion that was held by a minority of people. What steps did you take to ensure that your opinion was heard, and what was the result of those steps?
- How do you approach a situation in which a decision needs to be made in a short amount of time?
- Please share with us a piece of information about yourself that is not included in your application documents.
- How would you describe yourself using no more than three words?
- Who do you look up to and why?
- What is it that you do in your spare time that takes up the most of your time, other than school and work? What makes this such a big deal for you?
- Which comes first, the company’s social obligation or the bottom line? Why do you believe that one should take precedence over the other (i.e., choose a side and argue for it)?
- Tell us about a moment when you had to reach an agreement with a coworker that satisfied both parties.
- How would you describe the various forms of social media to someone who is 80 years old, such as Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter?
- Which book did you most recently finish reading? Which music do you listen to the most often on your computer?
- How do you keep your cool when the pressure is on?
- What are some of your greatest strengths, as well as your greatest weaknesses?
- What would a close friend or member of your family tell us about you if we asked them to describe you?
- To you, what does the term “leadership” mean?
- Which of your professional skills do you consider to be your strongest?
- I’m curious, what did you eat for lunch or dinner today?
- Which of your accomplishments are you most proud of?
- Describe a dream that you had not too long ago.
Mistakes To Avoid In Kira Interview
Not acquainting yourself with the platform
To avoid technical difficulties, you must acquaint yourself with the Kira Talent platform before the video interview. Practice using the platform beforehand and ensure your microphone, camera, and internet connection are working properly.
Bad time management
Kira video interviews are timed, so it’s crucial to administer your time effectively. Ensure to read and understand the instructions and questions before answering and try to stick to the recommended time limit.
Not dressing professionally
Although Kira video interviews are conducted online, it is necessary to dress professionally to make an excellent first impression. Dress formally like you would for an in-person interview, and avoid wearing anything too distracting or flashy.
Not preparing ahead of time
Just like any other video interview, preparing for a Kira video interview is important. Research thoroughly for the discussion and prepare answers to common interview questions. Refrain from trying to memorize but understand the subject. Memorizing may sometimes backfire if the questions are different from the expected format.
Understand and write
Understand your question and give the best possible response. Never use possible responses given by a computer to answer your questions. You might sound fake, and the reviewers would very well be able to tell the difference.
Not paying attention to body language and non-verbal cues
Pay attention to your body language and non-verbal cues during a Kira Talent interview. Make sure to maintain eye contact, sit up straight, and avoid fidgeting or making distracting movements.
Not being concise and clear
Kira video interviews are timed, so it’s important to be concise and clear in your answers. Avoid being confused or going off on tangents, and make sure to answer the question directly and succinctly.
To know more about Kira video assessments, tips and tricks, click here.
FAQs about Kira Interview
How does the Kira Talent one-way video interview take place?
During a Kira video assessment, you may be required to submit timed video and/or textual responses to questions that have been pre-recorded by the school. You will be able to record your responses from the convenience of your own home, and you will have complete control over the timing of these recordings. This interview is only one-way.
Once you begin your practise or asynchronous assessment questions, you will be able to view the number of questions you have, the format of your questions (whether they are video or written), as well as the amount of time you have to prepare and respond to each question.
You will watch a single instance of a pre-recorded video when you are presented with a video question. During both the time allotted for preparation and the time allotted for responses, the text of the related question will be shown on the screen for your perusal. You will respond to a video question in a format that is timed and recorded video. Using the countdown timer and bar that is located at the very top of your screen, you will be able to keep track of the remaining time you have for preparation and response.
What are the Practice questions in Kira video assessment?
You can become more comfortable with the platform by answering the practise questions in Kira, and you can also use them to verify that your device is configured correctly. Nevertheless, it is important to be aware of the following main variations between the practise questions and the actual assessment questions:
During the period of practise, you are free to finish answering your questions an unlimited number of times. During the actual test, you will only have one opportunity to answer each question.
During the practise, you will have the opportunity to playback your responses and gain an understanding of how you come across to others. During the actual test, you will not be able to review your previous responses.
Only your answers to the authentic evaluation questions will be taken into consideration. Nobody, not even you, other than you, has access to anything you filmed while you were practising.
The similarities between the practise questions and the actual questions on the test are not guaranteed to exist. The amount of time allotted for preparation and response between each question is also subject to change.
To know more about types of questions in Kira, click here.
Can I redo a Kira question?
You will not be able to repeat your questions once your responses to your asynchronous assessment have been submitted (or until your interview is over, whichever comes first). The school to which you are applying has the authority to decide whether or not to allow you to retake an examination in certain circumstances.
Please get in touch with the institution to which you have applied directly if you have solid evidence supporting the conclusion that you need to repeat the exam. Your responses are going to be analysed, and if a new attempt is necessary, you will be given one.
To know more about redo, retake and deadline extension for your Kira video interview, click here.
What are the tools required for Kira interviews?
In order to successfully finish any kind of test in Kira, you will need the following things:
- Laptop or a desktop
- Whether internal or external, a camera
- Microphone, either internal or external (use of headphones is also acceptable!)
- Stable connection to the internet
How long will I need to complete Kira?
If this is your first time using Kira, it is highly recommended that you schedule aside fifteen to thirty minutes in order to finish the Check-In process.
Please click on the “Learn More” button that is located on your landing page in order to access to the “Details” page. This will provide you with more precise information regarding the scheduling of your asynchronous assessment or live interview.