Concordia Kira Video Interview
The Kira video interview is an online video interview platform that a number of business schools, notably Concordia University’s John Molson Business School , has utilised to evaluate potential students’ communication abilities, thoughtfulness, and overall compatibility with the programme.
Candidates for open positions at JMSB go through a series of online interviews conducted using their KIRA Talent application. They utilise the interview to evaluate a candidate’s communication skills, their ability to pitch themselves as a good match for the programme, and to gain a sense of who they are outside of the information that they provided in their application.
It is essential that the MBA interview be approached in the same manner as a work interview. They suggest their candidates that they give some thought to whether or not they are qualified for the MBA programme, their professional experiences, both their weaknesses and their strengths, and how well they would fit in with JMSB’s community. They remind them that the interview will be recorded, that there will not be anyone on the other side, and that the questions will be timed. They also encourage them to dress appropriately for the interview. When the allotted amount of time has passed, the app will cease recording.
Concordia JMSB's MBA Frequently Asked Kira Video Interview Questions
- Give us your proposal in 60 seconds or less.
- Is there anything else about you that hasn’t been mentioned in your application for the MBA? Tell us more about it, please.
- What do you believe someone would say about you if you were to ask a close friend, your spouse, or a member of your family to describe you?
- Tell us about one of your favourite pastimes, and explain why you place such a high value on it.
- What are three words that come to mind when you think about yourself?
- After you have graduated, think about how you would like to be remembered.
- Please share with us the single most valuable lesson your professional experience has taught you.
- Please share with us the three most influential reasons that led you to decide to apply for our MBA programme.
- Please provide us with three compelling arguments as to why you should be accepted into our MBA programme.
- If you are accepted into the programme, what do you anticipate will be the most difficult aspect of the first year for you?
- Do you believe that the majority of people act primarily out of self-interest or altruism?
- Tell us about a prejudice that you had to fight against in order to achieve success.
- When was the last time you did something that was outside of your normal routine or comfort zone?
- Tell us about some piece of guidance that you try to give to other people but find it difficult to implement in your own life.
- What motivates you each day to get out of bed and face the day?
- Give us an example of a moment when you went above and beyond the requirements of your job. If so, how exactly?
- Share with us an instance when you had to juggle multiple responsibilities at once. How did you decide which of your projects should come first?
- Please tell us about a time when you had to perform under intense pressure and what you did. How do you keep the stress under control?
- In what ways do you believe you can contribute to the success of the class and your group?
- Tell us about a time when you had to revitalize a stagnant team.
How to Prepare for the Kira Video Interview: 5 Tips
You probably already know the fundamentals of interviewing if you’re about to participate in a Kira video interview. But being ready for a video interview can differ greatly from getting ready for a face-to-face one.
Here are 5 preparation suggestions to help you maximize your interview and leave a positive impression on the interviewer:
- Practice: It’s a good idea to practice your responses before the interview, just like an in-person interview. Consider researching typical Kira video interview questions and working on responses that show your knowledge and enthusiasm.
- Test Your Tech: Make sure your computer is up-to-date and that you have a reliable internet connection. Also, test your webcam, microphone, speakers, and any other equipment you’ll be using so that there are no issues when it comes time for the actual interview.
- Check the Lighting: Ensure that your surrounding is well lit. Moreover, ensure that your environment is professional and free from distractions like pets or children. Avoid background noise and any decorations or furniture that could detract from the interviewer’s attention away from you.
- Dress Appropriately: Even though this isn’t an in-person interview, it’s still important to dress respectfully as if it were an in-person one. Be presentable and wear clothing that reflects positively upon yourself when appearing on camera!
- Speak Clearly: When speaking to an interviewer during a video call, ensure that your speech is clear and concise by paying attention to how you enunciate each word and how quickly (or slowly) you speak each sentence aloud.
FAQs about Kira Interview
How does the Kira Talent one-way video interview take place?
During a Kira video assessment, you may be required to submit timed video and/or textual responses to questions that have been pre-recorded by the school. You will be able to record your responses from the convenience of your own home, and you will have complete control over the timing of these recordings. This interview is only one-way.
Once you begin your practise or asynchronous assessment questions, you will be able to view the number of questions you have, the format of your questions (whether they are video or written), as well as the amount of time you have to prepare and respond to each question.
You will watch a single instance of a pre-recorded video when you are presented with a video question. During both the time allotted for preparation and the time allotted for responses, the text of the related question will be shown on the screen for your perusal. You will respond to a video question in a format that is timed and recorded video. Using the countdown timer and bar that is located at the very top of your screen, you will be able to keep track of the remaining time you have for preparation and response.
What are the Practice questions in Kira video assessment?
You can become more comfortable with the platform by answering the practise questions in Kira, and you can also use them to verify that your device is configured correctly. Nevertheless, it is important to be aware of the following main variations between the practise questions and the actual assessment questions:
During the period of practise, you are free to finish answering your questions an unlimited number of times. During the actual test, you will only have one opportunity to answer each question.
During the practise, you will have the opportunity to playback your responses and gain an understanding of how you come across to others. During the actual test, you will not be able to review your previous responses.
Only your answers to the authentic evaluation questions will be taken into consideration. Nobody, not even you, other than you, has access to anything you filmed while you were practising.
The similarities between the practise questions and the actual questions on the test are not guaranteed to exist. The amount of time allotted for preparation and response between each question is also subject to change.
To know more about types of questions in Kira, click here.
Can I redo a Kira question?
You will not be able to repeat your questions once your responses to your asynchronous assessment have been submitted (or until your interview is over, whichever comes first). The school to which you are applying has the authority to decide whether or not to allow you to retake an examination in certain circumstances.
Please get in touch with the institution to which you have applied directly if you have solid evidence supporting the conclusion that you need to repeat the exam. Your responses are going to be analysed, and if a new attempt is necessary, you will be given one.
To know more about redo, retake and deadline extension for your Kira video interview, click here.
What are the tools required for Kira interviews?
In order to successfully finish any kind of test in Kira, you will need the following things:
- Laptop or a desktop
- Whether internal or external, a camera
- Microphone, either internal or external (use of headphones is also acceptable!)
- Stable connection to the internet
How long will I need to complete Kira?
If this is your first time using Kira, it is highly recommended that you schedule aside fifteen to thirty minutes in order to finish the Check-In process.
Please click on the “Learn More” button that is located on your landing page in order to access to the “Details” page. This will provide you with more precise information regarding the scheduling of your asynchronous assessment or live interview.