Berkeley Haas Kira Video Interview
The Kira video interview is an online video interview platform that a number of business schools, notably Berkeley Haas, have utilised to evaluate potential students’ communication abilities, thoughtfulness, and overall compatibility with the programme.
- You will be required to provide responses to a total of 5 questions.
- You get 45 seconds to think about each question, and then you have 3 minutes to respond to it.
- It is not required that you speak for the full three minutes. If necessary, you are free to terminate your answer early.
- The answers to questions 1, 2, and 5 have been provided (please see below). The third and fourth questions are a little bit random, but they are with working together, being humble, and taking risks. In recent months, however, the majority of candidates have been receiving questions for both 3 and 4 that are remarkably similar to one another.
Berkeley Haas Frequently Asked Kira Video Interview Questions
- Please tell us about a time when you were the leader of a group that was dealing with a tense situation in which morale was low. What actions did you take, and what were the outcomes of your actions?
- Share a story with us about a time when you got into an argument with someone and you ended up being the one who was in the wrong.
- Share a story with us about a moment when you had to collaborate with someone whose viewpoints differed greatly from your own. How did you manage to go over the challenge?
- Please share with us an experience in which having a humble attitude resulted in a favourable outcome.
- Share with us a moment when you worked with a team that included members from different functional areas. What aspects of the process were challenging for you, and what did you pick up as a result?
- Share a story with us about a moment when you were able to establish trust and work effectively with your coworkers. What emotions did it evoke, and what did you take away from the experience?
- Share a story with us about a time when you had to steer a group of people towards a unified objective.
- Tell us about a period in your professional life when you had to take a chance and how it turned out. What was the result, and what were some of the lessons you took away from this experience?
- Please provide an example of a moment when you persuaded your coworkers to perform something that was not part of their job responsibilities. How did you go about persuading them to believe you?
- In the event that you are accepted, what do you anticipate will be the most difficult aspect of your first year at the institution?
- Why do you feel that now is the right time to participate in this programme?
- Why do you seem to be interested in attending our school?
- In what ways can you contribute to the success of our programme and those of your classmates?
- What is the one thing about yourself that you would like the admissions committee to know?
- What would you say to a fellow student after class if they told you they had a challenging day at school (for example, they botched a cold call)?
- Explain why we should choose you to participate in our programme.
How to Prepare for the Kira Video Interview: 5 Tips
You probably already know the fundamentals of interviewing if you’re about to participate in a Kira video interview. But being ready for a video interview can differ greatly from getting ready for a face-to-face one.
Here are 5 preparation suggestions to help you maximize your interview and leave a positive impression on the interviewer:
- Practice: It’s a good idea to practice your responses before the interview, just like an in-person interview. Consider researching typical Kira video interview questions and working on responses that show your knowledge and enthusiasm for the job.
- Test Your Tech: Make sure your computer is up-to-date and that you have a reliable internet connection. Also, test your webcam, microphone, speakers, and any other equipment you’ll be using so that there are no issues when it comes time for the actual interview.
- Check the Lighting: Ensure that your surrounding is well lit. Moreover, ensure that your environment is professional and free from distractions like pets or children. Avoid background noise and any decorations or furniture that could detract from the interviewer’s attention away from you.
- Dress Appropriately: Even though this isn’t an in-person interview, it’s still important to dress respectfully as if it were an in-person one. Be presentable and wear clothing that reflects positively upon yourself when appearing on camera!
- Speak Clearly: When speaking to an interviewer during a video call, ensure that your speech is clear and concise by paying attention to how you enunciate each word and how quickly (or slowly) you speak each sentence aloud.
FAQs about Kira Interview
How does the Kira Talent one-way video interview take place?
During a Kira video assessment, you may be required to submit timed video and/or textual responses to questions that have been pre-recorded by the school. You will be able to record your responses from the convenience of your own home, and you will have complete control over the timing of these recordings. This interview is only one-way.
Once you begin your practise or asynchronous assessment questions, you will be able to view the number of questions you have, the format of your questions (whether they are video or written), as well as the amount of time you have to prepare and respond to each question.
You will watch a single instance of a pre-recorded video when you are presented with a video question. During both the time allotted for preparation and the time allotted for responses, the text of the related question will be shown on the screen for your perusal. You will respond to a video question in a format that is timed and recorded video. Using the countdown timer and bar that is located at the very top of your screen, you will be able to keep track of the remaining time you have for preparation and response.
What are the Practice questions in Kira video assessment?
You can become more comfortable with the platform by answering the practise questions in Kira, and you can also use them to verify that your device is configured correctly. Nevertheless, it is important to be aware of the following main variations between the practise questions and the actual assessment questions:
During the period of practise, you are free to finish answering your questions an unlimited number of times. During the actual test, you will only have one opportunity to answer each question.
During the practise, you will have the opportunity to playback your responses and gain an understanding of how you come across to others. During the actual test, you will not be able to review your previous responses.
Only your answers to the authentic evaluation questions will be taken into consideration. Nobody, not even you, other than you, has access to anything you filmed while you were practising.
The similarities between the practise questions and the actual questions on the test are not guaranteed to exist. The amount of time allotted for preparation and response between each question is also subject to change.
To know more about types of questions in Kira, click here.
Can I redo a Kira question?
You will not be able to repeat your questions once your responses to your asynchronous assessment have been submitted (or until your interview is over, whichever comes first). The school to which you are applying has the authority to decide whether or not to allow you to retake an examination in certain circumstances.
Please get in touch with the institution to which you have applied directly if you have solid evidence supporting the conclusion that you need to repeat the exam. Your responses are going to be analysed, and if a new attempt is necessary, you will be given one.
To know more about redo, retake and deadline extension for your Kira video interview, click here.
What are the tools required for Kira interviews?
In order to successfully finish any kind of test in Kira, you will need the following things:
- Laptop or a desktop
- Whether internal or external, a camera
- Microphone, either internal or external (use of headphones is also acceptable!)
- Stable connection to the internet
How long will I need to complete Kira?
If this is your first time using Kira, it is highly recommended that you schedule aside fifteen to thirty minutes in order to finish the Check-In process.
Please click on the “Learn More” button that is located on your landing page in order to access to the “Details” page. This will provide you with more precise information regarding the scheduling of your asynchronous assessment or live interview.