Avg. Cost of Study
Why Study MSBA in Singapore& Asia?
Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) is a graduate degree program that prepares students for careers in data analytics. MSBA programs typically cover topics such as statistics, machine learning, data mining, and business intelligence.
Singapore and Asia are becoming increasingly important hubs for business analytics. The region is home to a number of multinational corporations and financial institutions that are rapidly adopting data-driven decision making. As a result, there is a growing demand for skilled data analysts in Singapore and Asia.
Here are some of the benefits of getting an MSBA in Singapore or Asia:
- A strong network of industry professionals. Singapore and Asia are home to a large number of multinational corporations and financial institutions. This means that MSBA graduates from Singapore and Asia have the opportunity to network with and learn from industry leaders. For example, the NUS MSBA program has a strong alumni network of over 1,000 professionals working in various industries in Singapore and around the world.
- A global perspective. Singapore and Asia are at the forefront of the global business world. Getting an MSBA in Singapore or Asia will give you a global perspective that will be valuable in any career. The SMU MSBA program, for example, requires students to complete a global internship in a different country. This gives students the opportunity to experience different cultures and learn about different business practices.
- A competitive edge. The demand for skilled data analysts is growing rapidly in Singapore and Asia. Getting an MSBA from a top program in the region will give you a competitive edge in the job market. For example, the NTU MSBA program is ranked #3 in Asia by QS World University Rankings. This ranking means that NTU MSBA graduates are in high demand by employers in Singapore and Asia.
Eligibility Criteria : MSBA in Singapore & Asia
The eligibility criteria for MSBA programs in Singapore can vary based on the specific university and program. However, there are common requirements that many institutions seek in potential candidates. These may include:
Typically, applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution. While some programs specifically require a background in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, or economics, others may consider candidates from various academic backgrounds.
Consistently good grades are essential to be considered for admission in Singapore. Due to the high level of competition, it is crucial to demonstrate strong academic performance throughout your undergraduate studies.
Many universities in require applicants to submit their GMAT, GRE, or TAGE MAGE test scores as part of their application for a Master’s in Finance program. These aptitude tests assess your quantitative, analytical, and verbal reasoning skills.
While not always mandatory, submitting standardized test scores such as the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is a common requirement. These scores help assess a candidate’s aptitude for the program’s quantitative and analytical demands. Some programs may waive this requirement for applicants with strong academic or professional backgrounds.
- Valid Passport: You must have a valid passport for the duration of your studies in France.
- Degree Certificate(s) or Current Enrollment Certificate: To apply for a Master’s program, you will need to provide either your Bachelor’s degree certificate or a current enrollment certificate if you are in the final year of your undergraduate studies.
- Official Academic Transcripts: You must submit official academic transcripts from all higher education institutions you have attended, including exchange programs, if any. These transcripts should include your official Grade Point Average (GPA) or equivalent.
- Résumé (CV): A comprehensive résumé highlighting your educational background, work experience, internships, research projects, and other relevant achievements should be included in your application.
- Two Completed Online Reference Forms: At least one reference should be completed by a professor who can attest to your academic abilities. The online reference forms should be submitted directly by the referees.
- Passport-Style Photo: You will need to provide a recent passport-style photograph for identification purposes.
- Non-Refundable Application Fee: Most universities require the payment of a non-refundable application fee when submitting your application.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP): A well-written Statement of Purpose explaining your motivation, goals, and reasons for pursuing a Master’s in Finance in France is typically required.
- Professional Experience Certificates (if applicable): If you have any relevant professional experience, it is advisable to include certificates or documents that validate your work history.
- Student Visa or Residence Permit: International students will need to obtain a student visa or a residence permit to study in France. The specific visa requirements may vary depending on your country of residence.
- Bank Statement: You may be required to provide a bank statement or proof of financial means to demonstrate your ability to cover tuition fees and living expenses during your studies in France.
It is important to carefully review the specific admission requirements of the universities or programs you are interested in, as these requirements may vary. Start the application process well in advance to ensure you have sufficient time to gather all the necessary documents and meet the deadlines.
Program Costs + Living Expenses : MSBA in Singapore
Avg. Tuition Fee
Avg. Living Cost
Tuition fees for MSBA programs in Singapore can vary depending on the university and the program. However, you can expect to pay between $25,000 and $40,000 per year for a full-time MSBA program.
- Accommodation is one of the most significant expenses for international students in Singapore. The cost of housing can vary based on factors such as location and type of accommodation. On average, you can expect to pay between $1,200 and $3,500 per month for a shared apartment in the city center. If you are willing to explore options further away from the city center, you might find more affordable housing alternatives.
- Food costs can also contribute to your monthly expenses. Singapore’s dining scene offers a wide range of options, from inexpensive hawker centers to upscale restaurants. On average, you should budget between $500 and $1,200 per month for food expenses. Exploring local eateries and utilizing affordable dining options like hawker centers can help manage these costs.
- Transportation expenses are another consideration. Singapore’s efficient public transportation system is well-connected and convenient, but it comes at a price. Budget between $100 and $200 per month for public transportation fares. If you plan to own a car, be prepared for additional costs such as insurance, fuel, and parking fees.
- Beyond the essentials, remember to account for other miscellaneous expenses. These could include books, supplies, personal care items, and entertainment. Allocate between $200 and $500 per month for these miscellaneous expenditures.
Types of Financial Aid Available : MSBA in Singapore & Asia
The NUS BAC Scholarships are specifically conferred upon outstanding students admitted to the MSBA program at the National University of Singapore (NUS). Recipients of this scholarship are not only academically gifted but have also demonstrated a capacity for leadership. This scholarship serves as a testament to NUS’s commitment to fostering excellence and innovation in the realm of business analytics. It empowers deserving individuals to embark on an enriching academic journey while honing their analytical prowess and leadership skills.
SMU Merit Scholarships are tailored for exceptional candidates who have been admitted to the full-time MSBA program at the Singapore Management University (SMU). These scholarships acknowledge candidates who have displayed exceptional academic proficiency and possess the potential to drive positive change through their leadership abilities. By awarding these scholarships, SMU aims to cultivate a community of outstanding business analytics professionals who will contribute significantly to the dynamic landscape of data-driven decision-making.
The NTU MSBA Merit Scholarships stand as a distinguished recognition of remarkable individuals pursuing excellence in the realm of business analytics. These scholarships are designed to honor exceptional candidates who have showcased exemplary academic achievements and possess the promise of becoming influential leaders in the field. Offered exclusively to full-time Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) students at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), these scholarships epitomize NTU’s commitment to fostering exceptional talent and driving innovation.
Wondering if you can target this school?
Free Profile Evaluation Workshop
Join our live workshop and
Get all your profile related questions answered.
Visa & Stay Prospects : MSBA in Singapore & Asia
Most countries allow students to apply for a student visa to study in Singapore and other Asian countries. The visa application process can be intricate, involving documentation, financial proof, and meeting specific requirements. Initiating the visa process well in advance is advisable to ensure a smooth transition. Each country may have different criteria based on your nationality, so it’s important to thoroughly research the visa requirements for your specific situation.
The cost of pursuing an MSBA in Singapore and Asia varies depending on the institution and program chosen. On average, you can anticipate tuition fees ranging from $25,000 to $40,000 per year for a full-time MSBA program. This figure encompasses the academic expenses, including access to resources, faculty guidance, and program activities.
Additional expenses, such as accommodation, food, transportation, books, and personal expenses, should also be factored into your budget. The overall cost of living can vary significantly based on the city, lifestyle choices, and individual preferences.
The visa criteria for pursuing an MSBA in Singapore and Asia differ based on your nationality. However, most nations necessitate students to possess a valid passport, an acceptance letter from a university, and evidence of financial backing. There could also be a requirement for a police clearance certificate and a medical checkup report.
Visa fees for enrolling in an MSBA program in Singapore and Asia also fluctuate depending on your nationality. Typically, these fees fall within the range of $50 to $100.
Post-Course Stay in Singapore
Upon completion of your MSBA program in Singapore, you might qualify to stay in the country for a specific duration to explore employment opportunities. The allowable duration hinges on the category of your visa.
The job outlook for MSBA graduates in Singapore and Asia appears promising. The region hosts numerous multinational corporations and financial institutions that are swiftly adopting data-centric decision-making practices. Consequently, there is a burgeoning demand for adept data analysts in Singapore and across Asia.
The cost of living in Singapore and Asian countries can be considerable. Nevertheless, various scholarships and financial aid initiatives are accessible to assist students in covering their educational expenses.
When pondering the visa and residency possibilities for pursuing an MSBA in Singapore and Asia, remember these key points:
- The visa application process might be time-intensive, so initiating it early is vital.
- Verifiable financial support is mandatory for securing a visa. This can be demonstrated through a bank statement, sponsor’s letter, or scholarship award.
- The duration of post-study stay hinges on your specific visa type.
- Thoroughly researching job prospects for MSBA graduates in your chosen study country is essential.
- Considering the potentially high cost of living in certain Asian countries is crucial in your decision-making process.
Career Prospects : MSBA in Singapore & Asia
Most Sought-after Jobs
MSBA graduates in Singapore are equipped with a versatile skill set that extends beyond traditional business sectors, opening doors to diverse and dynamic employment opportunities. While the finance sector remains a prominent avenue, graduates are increasingly finding roles in a wide range of industries, including healthcare, telecommunications, government, and more. The application of data analytics spans various domains, enabling graduates to drive data-informed decision-making across industries.
Singapore’s data-driven economy is witnessing a surge in demand for skilled data analysts. MSBA graduates, armed with robust analytical prowess and adept problem-solving abilities, are highly sought after to unravel complexities and uncover insights that drive strategic advancements. This escalating demand is translating into ample career prospects and rewarding opportunities for MSBA graduates.
In terms of remuneration, the average salary for MSBA graduates in Singapore is approximately $70,000 per year. However, this figure can fluctuate based on factors such as the specific industry, the size and reputation of the employing company, and the individual’s level of professional experience. Graduates who possess specialized skills or hands-on experience in particular industries or advanced analytical techniques are well-positioned to command higher salary packages.
FAQs about MEM in Australia
Admission criteria may include a bachelor’s degree, relevant work experience, strong academic records, standardized test scores (GMAT/GRE), letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose. English language proficiency tests may also be required for non-native English speakers.
MSBA programs typically span one to two years for full-time students. Part-time and flexible study options may also be available, which can extend the duration based on individual preferences.
You can enter all types of work experience in the Education and Experience section as well as detailing these experiences on your CV (Resumé).
MSBA graduates can pursue diverse roles such as data analyst, business intelligence manager, data scientist, and more. Industries include finance, healthcare, e-commerce, technology, and government.
Consider factors such as curriculum, faculty expertise, industry connections, location, tuition fees, scholarships, and career outcomes when selecting an MSBA program. Research thoroughly and align your choice with your academic and career goals.
Top 5 MEM Colleges in Australia
1.National University of Singapore
- The NUS MSBA is a highly ranked program that is offered by the National University of Singapore, one of the top universities in Asia.
- The program is 12 months long and is offered in a full-time format. The fees for the program are \$50,000.
2. Singapore Management University
- The SMU MSBA is another highly ranked program that is offered by the Singapore Management University.
- The program is 18 months long and is offered in both full-time and part-time formats.
- The fees for the program are \$60,000 for the full-time program and \$45,000 for the part-time program.
4. Hong Kong Polytechnic
The MSc in Business Analytics programme at Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) is a one-year full-time or two-year part-time programme that equips students with the skills and knowledge to make data-driven business decisions. The programme covers a wide range of topics, including data mining and machine learning, statistical analysis, data visualization, programming languages, business intelligence, and decision support systems. Students can also choose to specialize in marketing analytics, finance analytics, operations analytics, or supply chain analytics.
The programme is highly practical, with students gaining hands-on experience in using real-world data to solve business problems. Students also have the opportunity to complete an internship with a leading company in their chosen field.