Emory Goizueta MSBA Sample Essays
The essays are an important part of your Master of Business Analytics application because they give you the opportunity to tell the Admissions Committee more about yourself…to share more of your story and aspirations.
Please complete all the required essays below and follow the word limits provided.
Your essays should be written in 10- or 12-point, Arial font and double-spaced; please do not include the essay title on the page. Upload your essay answers, numbered and in order, as one pdf document.
1. What are your short- & long-term professional goals and how do you think an MSBA will help you achieve these goals? (300 word limit)
2. How did you arrive where you are today? Tell us about what or who has motivated you and shaped your decisions to date. (300 word limit)
3. Describe an important global issue or innovation (current or historical) that particularly interests you and explain how it will become increasingly important to the world at large. (200 word limit)
Telling your story in the written essays is an important part of the application process, but we also want to hear you tell some of your story. The video essay lets every candidate talk to the Admissions Committee and we enjoy getting to know you through the “small talk” questions that are integrated into the online application.
If there is an important part of your story missing from your application (e.g., unexplained gaps in school or work experience, choice of recommenders, academic probation issues), please use this section to provide a brief explanation. Please use bullets if you need to address more than one topic.
Emory Goizueta MSBA Recommendation Letters
As part of the Master’s in Business Analytics application, we require two letters of recommendation submitted either online or via hardcopy.
- We prefer that these recommendations are educational/professional in nature and that can highlight a candidate’s research potential, past academic and/or career achievements.
- Please be thoughtful when selecting your recommenders.
Quick Essay Review
Worried if your Essay is Good enough or Not?
Need a last-minute review?
Submit your essays below & get in-depth feedback within 48 hours.