HEC Paris MIF Interviews
The first phase of selection process to Masters in International Finance at HEC Paris is evaluation of the application and supporting documents. Candidates shortlisted in this phase will then be invited for a face-to-face or Zoom interview. The main objective of the interview process is to explore the quality of the match between the objectives of the applicant and what the program has to offer. They are also known to frequently ask questions about recent business news, so one should try to be up-to-date with that. At the end of the interview, you will be given the opportunity to ask questions about the program. Confidence and clarity of thought and expression will be the key to acing the interview. One must be able to clearly expression unique answers in a confident manner.
HEC Paris MIF Frequently Asked Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself?
- Why did you choose this particular industry?
- Tell me about a time when you failed?
- Details about finances and how do you expect to repay the loan (In general, he was testing if I have thought about my alternatives and if I genuinely feel HEC is the answer for me or not. He was only looking at my clarity of thought, whether I have assessed my worst-case scenarios and If I have enough information about the school, visa process, and constraints, etc.)?
- What impact do you think the internet has had on networking and connecting to people?
- Tell me about your greatest professional/Personal achievement?
- Why HEC?
- What is your short-term goal after MIF or 5-year goal? What is your long-term goal?
- What makes you think you would be able to fit into this industry, considering that it is not entirely related to your background?
- What is your level of competency in French? Are you willing to learn the language, and how soon can you accomplish this?
- Have you evaluated career prospectplms? What are your career goals and what are you planning to reach those goals and how HEC can help?
- Do you plan to stay in Europe after graduation & Why?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are your post-MIF plans and goals?
- How can you add value to our class? Why should we select you and not anyone else?
- Many Asian students do not find employment in France or Europe; assuming this happens to you, what is your backup plan?
- Why do you think that online platforms are less effective?
- Had a long discussion on renewable energy in India
- Do you have any questions for us?
HEC Paris MIF Interview Questions – 1
I had 2 interviews with HEC Alums: 1 Telephonic and 1 via Skype.
Telephonic Interview was with a 2011 Alum (Engagement Manager with Accenture)
1- The interview was a short one ~ 25 min without the 10 min ppt that I was supposed to present during the interview.
The questions were pretty much in line with those mentioned in the guide.
2- Tell me about yourself?
3- Why Finance? Why Now?
4- Why HEC?
5- 1 Strength and 1 Weakness
6- I come from an Oil & Gas background, so what are the innovations/technologies that major oil firms are focused on.
Overall, the interview was not really a conversational one and the interviewer seemed a little short on time.