Georgia Tech Scheller Interview
Georgia Tech Scheller MBA Interview will give you a chance to discuss your potential contributions to the classroom and emphasize your interest in the MBA program. They also provide an opportunity for you to get a better feel for the MBA program and how it may help you achieve your goals.
To know more, visit the Scheller FAQ page or feel free to contact us.
Georgia Tech Scheller MBA Frequently Asked Interview Questions
- Tell me something about yourself?
- Walk me through your resume?
- Why MBA? Why Scheller?
- Why MBA now or Why MBA at this stage of your career?
- What is your short & long term goals?
- What is your Plan B if consulting/Investment banking does not happen?
- What are your key strengths? Can you give some examples please?
- What is your biggest weakness ? Can you give some examples please?
- How can you add value to the Class?
- Why should we take you?
- One reason that we should not select you?
- Interests and Hobbies – Be prepared!.. questions as basic as “Why do you do poetry (or any other activity” may be asked.
- Some Situational & Behavioral Question
- What would you describe are your greatest achievement to date?
- Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?
- Give me an example of a time when you did not meet a client’s expectation. What happened, and how did you attempt to rectify the situation?
- Case questions are fairly common in MBA interview especially for consulting aspirants. Below are a few sample for to practice for:
- How many Golf balls can fit in a Boeing 747?
- What’s the global market size for smartphones?
- Do you have any Question for us?
Georgia Tech Scheller MBA Interview Question – 1
I recommend preparing for all the basic and expected MBA interview questions. Here’s what they asked me:
- Explain your history with/perspective on leadership, diversity, teamwork
- Also have a solid answer for “Why an MBA at Scheller”
- Explain how an MBA fits into your short and long term career goals” seems really important.
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Any questions you have for us
Overall its somewhat relaxed while still being professional. Goodluck!
Georgia Tech Scheller MBA Interview Question – 2
It was very conversational. Do your research about the school properly. The interviewer will be friendly so dont worry.
Standard questions were asked:
- Why MBA
- Post MBA goal
- Behavioral questions
- Contribution points
- Why scheller?- most important.
Read your essays thoroughly and have your goals in place. Be confident and smile.
Georgia Tech Scheller MBA Interview Question – 3
Got done with the interview today. It was very conversational. Few regular questions.
- Why MBA?
- Why now?
- Why Scheller?
- Then my interviewer asked questions from my resume.
Fingers crossed now. I hope I get an admit.
Georgia Tech Scheller MBA Interview Question – 4
My interview was pretty straightforward. They asked me very straightforward questions along with one hypothetical question. They were:
- Why MBA
- Why Scheller
- Your weaknesses
- Your experiences, etc.
- The hypothetical question was, “what if” question regarding a certain situation one might experience at business school, but overall it was pretty straightforward.
Georgia Tech Scheller MBA Interview Question – 5
Finished with the interview yesterday…lasted about 40 mins….Asked me about
1. Why MBA? We want to understand your thought process
2. What do you think are the challenges here?
3. What do you want to learn and what areas will you improve (there was a follow up on what soft skills would you improve?)
4. Do you know the H1B issues ? (Mr Jim gave an interesting perspective on this one)
5. Tell me about a time when you faced a challenging situation at work or a big failure?
Had some connectivity issues…so got a bit rattled…fingers crossed now
Georgia Tech Scheller MBA Interview Question – 6
My interview was very conversational and lasted about 50 minutes. I had a second year student and someone from career services.
1. Why MBA?
2. Why Georgia Tech?
3. Why Full-Time MBA?
4. Tell us about a time you received negative feedback.
5. What are your career goals?
The questions lasted about 25 mins and they shared additional aspects of Scheller that would help me achieve my goals.
I spent the rest of the time (20 mins) asking them questions.
Out of all my interviews this one allotted the most time for me to ask questions; come prepared.
Georgia Tech Scheller MBA Interview Question – 7
My Interview was with the Executive Director – Career Center and a second year student. In the beginning itself my interviewers made me comfortable and said this would just be a conversation to know you better and we wouldn’t be throwing any trick questions at you. They were really polite. The questions were:
- Walk us through your resume – some follow-up questions about current work
- Why MBA & why Scheller?
- What do you expect to get from the MBA experience/ things you want to improve in yourself through an MBA?
- A situation where you had to deal with a difficult team member?
- How do you deal with situations in which someone does not agree with you?
- What would your co-workers and you boss say about you?
- How would you contribute to the Scheller community?
- Any surprising situation you encountered during a particular trek? (I had mentioned that as an activity of interest in my resume)
- Any questions you have for us? It lasted for about 40 minutes.
I think they appreciate the research you’ve done about the school, curriculum, etc. They want people who can get along well within a group and are willing to learn from as well contribute to the team/class. All the best :)”
Georgia Tech Scheller MBA Interview Question – 8
“I was interviewed by Kevin Stacia and Amy Hayes, and both of them were quite pleasant to talk with. Exactly at the scheduled time I got the Skype video call. Took a few minutes to connect successfully. Lasted about 35 minutes. Questions:
- Started with their intro and the nature of the interview. It was a semi-blind one (essays and resume). Then they asked me to introduce myself.
- My current work, what I do and what kind of a team it is. – to this I told them how half of my team is in Atlanta so I know a thing or two about the place.
- Goals, plan B and why MBA now.
- How do I prepare myself before a presentation? What is the feedback that I’ve got about my presentations? How did I work on it?
- What will I bring to the class?
- What is my plan B if I do not secure a working visa? Am I very specific to companies and locations for my post-MBA plans?
- How do my friends know me.
- Diversity experience. If I faced any hardships. How did I deal with them.
- Conflict with a team mate. How I resolved.
- A thing my friends don’t like/have given a feedback about me.
- How will I differentiate myself from the rest of the class.
- Hobbies/what I do on the weekends.
- What’s your leadership style.
Questions for the adcom:
- A lot of questions revolved around immigrant visa issues in the US. So I asked them if they suggest something. They suggested me to be open to all kinds of opportunities irrespective of geographical locations, industry or firm prestige.
- Is there a music club at Scheller or I can start one. – it’s there at gatech.
- Any new developments that I should be aware of or any feedback for me. That’s all I remember.
It was a great conversation. Probably one of the most detailed interviews, but they were quite supportive and made it a great experience. All the best to all the applicants! Hope this helped.”
Georgia Tech Scheller MBA Interview Question – 9
“Hi folks, I had my interview with Katie Lloyd. It was pretty very much like a conversation. Unlike the interviewer asking questions all along and at the end giving time for our queries, Katie encouraged me to ask questions as and when they come. I’ll say the interview can be broadly divided into 3 parts:
1st Part (Resume Based):
- Tell me about yourself
- Questions on work exp
2nd Part (MBA):
- Why MBA? Why now?
- Why Scheller?
- How will you contribute to the classroom?
3rd Part (Behavioral):
- I don’t remember exactly, but nothing out of the ordinary. The interview went very well. It looked like they are really interested in knowing about you in detail and are checking to see if you fit at Scheller. All the best!”
Georgia Tech Scheller MBA Interview Question – 10
I completed my Interview with Scheller. I was interviewed by Paula Wilson and Paige a second year student at Scheller.
It was very conversational and very interactive overall. I will say that if you know well why you are pursuing an MBA and especially scheller MBA with solid reasons then you are good to go!!
Hope I helped prospective candidates yet to give their interview.
Good Luck Everyone!!
Georgia Tech Scheller MBA Interview Question – 11
“All interviews for full-time Round 1 applicants were with an MBA admissions or career services staff member plus a second-year MBA student. The interviews were very conversational and I was encouraged to ask questions as they came up, both of which helped make the roughly hour-long time feel much more like a discussion than an interrogation.
They started off by asking about why I wanted to get an MBA and why I was specifically interested in Scheller, and then followed up with a host of other behavioral and background questions, as well as questions about what I wanted to get out of my time at Scheller, clubs and organizations I’m interested in, and how I feel I’ll be able to contribute to the community.
I don’t think anything took me by complete surprise- the interview was definitely not set up to intimidate or trick you. Make sure you have anecdotes describing your leadership, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills, and be sure to know your “Why” for both MBA and specifically for Scheller. I did get the sense that they wanted to be sure that I knew the program well and could speak about the various ways in which I’m a complementary fit, so if you haven’t visited Scheller yet, either schedule a visit or do your research before the interview.