This blog aims to provide you with insightful information and an overview of the ESCP MSBA Program. We will explore what sets this program apart and why it may be an excellent fit for managerial and executive aspirants. Furthermore, we will explore the course structure, specific courses offered, admission requirements, and other essential program elements. The ESCP MSBA Program has received one of the highest ratings among MSBA programs in Europe, and we will showcase what makes it stand out from other business education programs worldwide. Ultimately, this blog offers an insider’s perspective on the ESCP MSBA Program to empower prospective students to make informed decisions about their future.
The ESCP MSBA Program: Getting Started
The ESCP MSBA program helps you become an expert in business analytics by specializing in it. Its main objective is to explain the value of data in the modern corporate environment. The specialty offers an interdisciplinary program that aids students in developing the sought-after technical, analytical, and communication abilities required to manage massive data sets and spur organizational transformation.
It includes an international seminar and is taught in English on the campuses in Berlin and Paris. Joining this full-time Master of Science program reflects the commitment to work on a specific professional topic and equips recent graduates and rising executives with a set of in-demand abilities.
ESCP MSBA Program Overview
Program Structure and Duration
The best practical practices are presented in this curriculum along with academic expertise. The objective is to develop specialists who can advance quickly in a globalized environment. One ESCP Diploma, an MSc in International Project Management, and the Grade de Master for the diplôme d’études avancées en management international des entreprises awarded by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research (MESR) will be awarded to students.
During this one-year program, students are exposed to a wide range of topics related to data analysis, statistics, machine learning, data visualization, and data-driven decision-making. They also have the opportunity to work on real-world projects and gain practical experience through internships or consulting projects with industry partners.
ESCP Rankings and Reputation
ESCP is one of the oldest business schools in the world, founded in 1819. It has a rich history and is highly regarded in Europe for its quality education, strong faculty, and global network. ESCP has consistently ranked among the top business schools in various international rankings.
The ESCP MSBA program was ranked 6th worldwide by QS World University Rankings. The ESCP MSBA program is structured to provide a balance between theoretical knowledge and practical applications.
The faculty members are often experienced professionals and academics in the field of business analytics. The school’s position may vary from year to year and across different ranking systems. It is generally considered one of the top business schools in Europe.
ESCP MSBA Curriculum
You are prepared to manage Business Analytics in a global setting with the help of the ESCP MSBA Program. The specialism benefits from a solid alliance with illustrious businesses, which greatly professionalizes the curriculum.
The MSc in Big Data & Business Analytics has a significant international component thanks to 100% English-taught courses, 75% of foreign students from more than 40 different nationalities, and a 1-week international seminar.
The Program lasts 15 months and is full-time. The Program begins in October and is structured as follows:
Prior to the campus terms, term 1 is conducted online between July and September. Candidates with a minimum of three years of prior work experience may qualify for an exemption from these modules. Only candidates with less than 240 ECTS or equivalent must take the following six core courses. For more details, please refer to the Admission Tab.
The following courses are offered under this module:
The Economics course provides a comprehensive understanding of the principles governing the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services in various economies. Students delve into microeconomics, analyzing individual decision-making by consumers and firms, and macroeconomics, exploring national and global economic performance.
Topics include supply and demand, market structures, fiscal and monetary policies, economic growth, and international trade. Students gain valuable insights into economic systems, policies, and challenges, equipping them to analyze real-world issues such as inflation, unemployment, and economic development. The course fosters critical thinking, quantitative analysis, and policy evaluation skills, preparing students for careers in finance, government, consulting, and academia.
The Statistics course offers a comprehensive introduction to the principles and methods of statistical analysis. Students acquire the skills to collect, organize, and interpret data, enabling them to draw meaningful conclusions and make informed decisions in various fields. The curriculum covers essential topics, such as descriptive statistics, probability theory, hypothesis testing, regression analysis, and experimental design.
Through hands-on exercises and projects, learners become proficient in using statistical software to analyze real-world datasets. The course fosters critical thinking, problem-solving, and data literacy skills, empowering students to tackle complex problems and draw reliable conclusions from data. Students are equipped for careers in research, data analysis, business analytics, and academia.
- Accounting and Finance
The Accounting and Finance course provides a comprehensive understanding of financial management and reporting practices in both corporate and financial sectors. Students delve into accounting principles, financial statement analysis, budgeting, and cost management. They also explore financial markets, investment strategies, risk management, and capital budgeting. The curriculum equips learners with essential skills in financial planning, auditing, and taxation.
Through practical exercises and simulations, students gain hands-on experience using accounting software and financial modeling tools. The course fosters critical thinking, analytical prowess, and ethical decision-making, preparing students for careers as accountants, financial analysts, investment bankers, or financial consultants. Students possess the expertise to navigate complex financial challenges and contribute to business success at the end of this course.
The Marketing course offers a comprehensive exploration of the principles and practices involved in promoting products, services, and ideas to target audiences. Students delve into consumer behavior, market research, branding, advertising, and digital marketing strategies. They learn to develop effective marketing plans, create compelling campaigns, and analyze marketing performance metrics. The curriculum also covers topics, such as product development, pricing strategies, distribution channels, and marketing ethics.
Through practical projects and case studies, learners gain hands-on experience in crafting marketing strategies for real-world scenarios. The course fosters creativity, strategic thinking, and communication skills, preparing students for careers in advertising, brand management, market research, social media marketing, and public relations. Students are equipped to drive business growth and success through impactful marketing initiatives.
The Leadership course provides a comprehensive exploration of the principles and practices of effective leadership in various contexts. Students delve into leadership theories, styles, and approaches, gaining insights into leading teams and organizations. The curriculum covers topics, such as communication, motivation, conflict resolution, decision-making, and strategic planning. Students develop self-awareness, emotional intelligence, and interpersonal skills crucial for inspiring and guiding others.
Through case studies and experiential learning, students enhance their problem-solving abilities and learn to adapt leadership styles to different situations. The course fosters critical thinking, empathy, and ethical decision-making, preparing students for leadership roles in business, nonprofit organizations, government, and other fields. Students are equipped to lead with integrity and make positive impacts in their respective industries.
The Strategy course offers a comprehensive exploration of the principles and methodologies involved in formulating and implementing effective business strategies. Students delve into strategic analysis, competitive advantage, market positioning, and industry dynamics. The curriculum covers topics, such as SWOT analysis, strategic planning, business model innovation, and mergers and acquisitions. Students gain a deep understanding of how organizations create and sustain a competitive edge in a dynamic and complex business environment.
Through case studies and simulations, students develop strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. The course fosters creativity, adaptability, and a global perspective, preparing students for leadership roles in business, consulting, and entrepreneurship. Students are equipped to drive business success and navigate challenges with informed and forward-thinking strategies.
Term 2 and Term 3
The speciality, which begins in October, is supported by the highly trained faculty at ESCP as well as visiting professors from some of the top business schools and institutions in the world and invited experts with in-depth backgrounds in Data Science. From October through March, you must attend classes at the Paris Campus. Comparably, from April to June at Berlin Campus.
Throughout these two terms, the courses cover both theoretical material and practical applications. Additionally, a high degree of English language proficiency is required for this Program.
The following courses are offered throughout these two terms:
The following courses are offered under this module:
- Machine Learning
The Machine Learning course provides a comprehensive introduction to the fundamental principles and practical applications of machine learning. Students will learn about various algorithms, data preprocessing techniques, model evaluation, and how to apply machine learning to real-world problems. Hands-on projects and exercises enhance understanding and skills in this rapidly evolving field.
- R and Business Analytics
The R and Business Analytics course offers a comprehensive overview of R programming language and its application in the field of business analytics. Students will gain proficiency in data manipulation, visualization, and statistical analysis using R. The course emphasizes real-world business scenarios, enabling participants to make data-driven decisions and derive valuable insights. Hands-on projects enhance practical skills and understanding of business analytics using R.
- Data Mining
The Data Mining course provides a comprehensive exploration of data mining techniques and their applications. Students will learn about data preprocessing, pattern discovery, clustering, and classification methods. The course focuses on practical implementation of data mining algorithms using popular tools and platforms. Hands-on projects enable students to extract valuable knowledge from large datasets, empowering them with essential data analysis skills.
- Design Thinking
The Design Thinking course is an interactive and practical program that equips participants with a human-centered approach to problem-solving. It emphasizes empathy, ideation, prototyping, and testing to address complex challenges creatively. Participants learn to harness diverse perspectives and iterate through the design process, fostering innovative and user-centric solutions.
- Data Quality and Visualisation
The Data Quality and Visualization course is a comprehensive program focusing on enhancing data integrity and presenting information effectively. Participants learn to identify and address data inconsistencies, ensuring accuracy and reliability. Additionally, they gain expertise in using visualization tools to create compelling and actionable insights, aiding informed decision-making through compelling visual representations.
The following courses are offered under this module:
- Research Methods in Business Analytics
The Research Methods in Business Analytics course provides essential knowledge and skills for conducting effective data-driven research in business settings. Students learn various quantitative and qualitative research techniques, data collection and analysis methods, and how to apply them to make informed decisions and gain actionable insights in the dynamic business landscape.
- Microsoft Data Tools Basics
The Microsoft Data Tools Basics course offers a comprehensive introduction to essential data tools and technologies provided by Microsoft. Students gain hands-on experience with tools like Microsoft Excel, Power BI, SQL Server, and Azure Data Studio. The course covers data manipulation, visualization, and analysis, empowering learners to harness data effectively for business and analytical purposes.
- Information Systems Management
The Information Systems Management course equips students with the knowledge and skills to effectively oversee and optimize information systems within organizations. It covers topics, such as IT strategy, system development, project management, cybersecurity, and data governance. Students learn to align technology with business goals, ensuring efficient and secure information management for improved decision-making and organizational performance.
- Data Driven Business Strategy
The Data Driven Business Strategy course focuses on leveraging data-driven insights to formulate effective business strategies. Students learn to collect, analyze, and interpret data to identify trends, opportunities, and challenges. By integrating data-driven decision-making, the course enables learners to create competitive advantages, optimize operations, and enhance overall business performance in today’s data-driven economy.
The following courses are offered under this module:
- Accounting, Financial Analytics, and Reporting
The Accounting, Financial Analytics, and Reporting course offers a comprehensive understanding of financial principles, data analysis techniques, and reporting methods. Students learn to analyze financial data, interpret trends, and create reports for informed decision-making. Topics include financial statements, budgeting, forecasting, and leveraging analytics tools for effective financial management.
- Digital Manufacturing and Supply Chain
The Digital Manufacturing and Supply Chain course delves into modern manufacturing techniques and supply chain management in the digital era. Students gain insights into advanced technologies, such as IoT, AI, and automation, optimizing production processes and streamlining supply chains. Topics include smart factories, data analytics, logistics, and enhancing overall operational efficiency.
- Marketing Analytics
The Marketing Analytics course focuses on leveraging data-driven insights for effective marketing strategies. Students learn to analyze consumer behavior, interpret market trends, and optimize campaigns using analytics tools. Topics include customer segmentation, digital marketing analytics, ROI measurement, and data-driven decision-making, empowering marketers to drive business success through data-driven approaches.
- Management Analytics
The Management Analytics course equips students with the skills to make data-driven decisions for effective business management. It covers advanced analytics techniques and tools to analyze organizational data, optimize processes, and enhance overall performance. Topics include data visualization, predictive modeling, performance metrics, and strategic decision-making, enabling managers to drive success through informed analytics-based strategies.
Students will also be required to attend a Sustainability Management seminar. This seminar is a comprehensive and interactive workshop that equips students with essential knowledge and tools to address environmental, social, and economic challenges in organizations. Attendees learn to implement sustainable practices, develop green strategies, and foster a culture of responsible decision-making, ensuring a more sustainable future.
International Seminar- Term 3
This is an international seminar that lasts one week and is held in June. This international seminar aims to introduce students to a global environment for learning about economics, society, and culture. Students will participate in academic Programs offered by ESCP’s academic partners, tour regional businesses, and work on an international project.
Professional Mission- Term 4
Students must conduct a 4-month in-company internship from July to October. The internship is a chance to put the theoretical ideas learnt in classes into practice with a view towards starting a career.
The Company Relations Department works hard to compile job offers from numerous businesses. The department also arranges a number of fairs with participation from businesses, providing Masters students with several networking possibilities.
Professional Thesis and Research Seminar- Term 4
This particular Applied Research Project is a crucial component of the curriculum since it results in thorough analysis. Work on it should take place in Terms 2, 3, and 4. By the conclusion of Term 2, the topic must be decided upon in cooperation with the professional thesis supervisor. By the end of December, a written report and an oral defense before a jury will be used to evaluate the Master’s Professional Thesis.
17 of the 90 ECTS credits obtained during this academic year are made up of Professional Thesis. In addition, a Research Seminar led by an ESCP professor will be hosted during this period for all students to attend. Of the 90 ECTS credits gained during this academic year, this seminar is worth 3 of them.
ESCP MSBA Admission Requirements
The ESCP MSBA program has specific admission requirements that applicants need to fulfill. Here is an overview of the requirements:
Applicants are required to hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institution. The degree could be in any field, but a strong background in quantitative subjects, such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics, or business was often preferred.
While work experience might not always be mandatory, having relevant work experience in analytics, data science, or a related field could be advantageous and strengthen the application.
As most of the instruction is conducted in English, non-native English speakers were typically required to demonstrate their English proficiency through tests like TOEFL or IELTS.
Letters of Recommendation:
Applicants are usually asked to provide letters of recommendation from professors, employers, or other individuals who could speak to their academic abilities and potential.
Applicants needed to submit their academic transcripts from all previous educational institutions attended, showcasing their academic performance.
Meeting these admission requirements is essential to be considered for the ESCP MSBA program.
ESCP Campus and Location
Location and Regional Benefits
The ESCP Business School, being located in Paris, France, offers several location and regional benefits. Here are some of them:
- Global Business Hub: Paris is a major global business hub and one of the world’s leading financial centers. Being located in such a dynamic and cosmopolitan city provides ESCP students with access to numerous international companies, headquarters, and influential decision-makers. This proximity to global business networks offers students unique networking opportunities and potential internship or job placements.
- Cultural Capital: Paris is renowned as a cultural capital, attracting millions of visitors each year. The city offers a rich tapestry of art, history, music, literature, and fashion. ESCP students benefit from the vibrant cultural scene, which can broaden their horizons and enhance their creativity and critical thinking skills. They can visit world-class museums, attend international film festivals, and experience diverse cultural events, enriching their overall educational experience.
- Networking Opportunities: Paris serves as a gathering point for professionals from various industries and sectors. ESCP students can connect with a wide range of professionals through conferences, seminars, and networking events. The city hosts numerous trade shows, business conventions, and industry-specific events, providing students with opportunities to interact with experts, entrepreneurs, and potential employers.
- Access to European Market: France is strategically located in the heart of Europe, and Paris, as its capital, offers easy access to the European market. ESCP students can take advantage of this central location to study and understand the European business environment, regulations, and trends. They can explore potential career opportunities across Europe and gain insights into the diverse cultures and markets within the European Union.
- Entrepreneurial Ecosystem: Paris has a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem, with a growing number of startups, incubators, and accelerators. ESCP students interested in entrepreneurship can tap into this vibrant ecosystem, benefiting from mentorship programs, venture capital networks, and startup competitions. The city’s supportive environment encourages innovation and provides valuable resources for aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Language and International Exposure: France is known for its language and emphasis on international relations. Studying at ESCP in Paris gives students the opportunity to immerse themselves in the French language and culture, facilitating language acquisition and cross-cultural communication skills. Additionally, the city attracts a diverse international student community, offering a global learning environment and fostering cross-cultural exchange.
- Infrastructure and Transport: Paris has an extensive transportation network, including an efficient metro system, buses, and a well-connected airport. The city’s infrastructure facilitates easy travel within France and across Europe, enabling ESCP students to explore different regions, participate in study trips, and engage in international projects or internships.
To sum it all up, these location and regional benefits make Paris an attractive destination for ESCP Business School students, providing them with valuable educational, professional, and personal growth opportunities.
Resources Available to ESCP Students
ESCP Business School is a prestigious European business school with multiple campuses across Europe. Here are some common resources that ESCP provide to their students:
- Library and Research Facilities: ESCP has well-equipped libraries with extensive collections of books, journals, and online resources. These resources support students’ academic research and provide access to industry reports, scholarly articles, and business databases.
- Career Services: ESCP has dedicated career service departments that assist students in their career development. These services may include job postings, internship opportunities, career counseling, resume and interview preparation, and networking events.
- Alumni Network: ESCP has a strong alumni network, which can be a valuable resource for students. Alumni often provide mentorship, career advice, and networking opportunities, allowing students to connect with successful professionals in their fields of interest.
- Student Clubs and Organizations: ESCP has a wide range of student clubs and organizations focused on various interests, such as consulting, entrepreneurship, finance, marketing, and more. These clubs offer opportunities for networking, skill development, and participation in business-related events and competitions.
- Computer Labs and IT Support: ESCP provides computer labs with access to software applications commonly used in business settings. It also offers IT support to assist students with technical issues related to their coursework or projects.
- Study Abroad Programs: ESCP being an international business school offers study abroad programs or student exchange opportunities with partner institutions. These programs allow students to gain a global perspective and experience different cultures while pursuing their education.
- Academic Support: ESCP provides academic support services, such as tutoring, study groups, writing centers, and workshops to help students excel in their coursework.
- Student Accommodation: ESCP offers assistance or resources for finding suitable student accommodation, especially for those studying at campuses located away from their home countries.
In a nutshell, the ESCP Business School offers a comprehensive range of resources for its students. These resources contribute to a well-rounded and supportive environment for students’ personal, academic, and leadership development.
ESCP MSBA Program Costs and Financial Aid
Tuition and fees
The tuition fees for the ESCP MSBA program amount to €22,400. Additionally, there is an estimated living cost of €24,000. It’s important to note that tuition fees are subject to change, so it’s advisable to visit the ESCP MSBA tuition fees page as well.
Scholarships and financial aid options
Pursuing an MSBA is a significant investment in your future and a crucial decision. ESCP understands the importance of supporting exceptional candidates in realizing their aspirations. That’s why they offer a range of grants and merit-based scholarships to deserving individuals.
Students pursuing Specialized Masters and Masters of Science can apply for two different types of scholarships. Students who qualify based on social grounds and academic excellence may be eligible for a 10% tuition cost exemption.
Students who qualify for CROUS awards given by the French Ministry of Higher Education are qualified for an ESCP need-based award. Depending on the CROUS level, the exemption percentage ranges from 10% to 50%. Students must submit any documentation necessary to assess their financial position.
Both in your home country and the country where you are studying, you can apply for a bank loan as well. Numerous banks provide deferred repayment student loans at competitive interest rates. French banks demand guarantors who live in France. Advantageous loan packages have been negotiated by ESCP with BNP Paribas, BRED, LCL, and Société Générale.
Recap of Key Points
- Education: Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree.
- Work Experience: While work experience is not mandatory, having relevant work experience in Analytics, Data Science, or a related field could be advantageous and strengthen the application.
- TOEFL/IELTS: Valid TOEFL or IELTS scores are required if the medium of instruction was not entirely in English.
- Campus Location and Regional Benefits: ESCP Business School being located in Paris, France, offers several location and regional benefits like access to a huge global business hub, networking opportunities, access to European Market, excellent infrastructure and transport facilities, to name a few.
- Resources Available: Students enrolled in the ESCP Business School have access to a wide variety of resources. These tools enhance the development of students’ leadership, academic, and personal skills in a well-rounded and encouraging atmosphere.
- Program Costs: Tuition fees for the ESCP MSBA program amount to €22,400, with an estimated living cost of €24,000.
- Financial Aid: ESCP offers grants and merit-based scholarships for exceptional candidates. Applicants can also explore other funding options to support their MSBA journey.
- Reminder: Visit the official ESCP website for detailed and updated information on the ESCP MSBA program, including admission requirements, financial aid options, and any recent changes.
Call to action or next steps for interested readers
If you found this blog post on the ESCP MSBA program insightful and are considering pursuing an MSBA at ESCP, I encourage you to stay tuned for our upcoming blog on “How to Get into the ESCP MSBA Program.” This blog will delve into crafting a robust application, including writing compelling essays, securing solid letters of recommendation, and presenting yourself effectively during interviews. We will also cover essential deadlines and offer valuable tips to enhance your chances of admission.
Whether you’re a prospective full-time or part-time student, this upcoming blog will serve as a valuable resource to navigate the application process successfully. It will equip you with the knowledge and insights to present your skills, experiences, and aspirations in the best possible light.
Getting into the ESCP MSBA program is an exciting journey, and we are here to support you every step of the way. Stay tuned for our comprehensive guide on “How to Get into the ESCP MSBA Program” and take the first step towards realizing your academic and career goals.
Remember, preparation and a thorough understanding of the application process can make a significant difference. We look forward to helping you navigate the path to your dream MSBA program at ESCP.