Esade MSBA Interviews
After submitting all your documents you may be shortlisted for an interview, which is a mandatory requirement for your admission. All selected applicants are interviewed by an associate director of admissions.
Official interviews for the Esade MSc programmes can be conducted in person either in Barcelona or at one of our international off-campus admissions events. Alternatively, if you cannot attend an admissions event or visit the campus in Barcelona, the interview can be done via Skype.
Here are the five most important interview tips to help you succeed:
- Treat the interview with the same professionalism that you would an employment interview. Be on time, dress professionally, and make sure that your resume is up-to-date.
- Be prepared to succinctly walk your interviewer through your resume in 2-3 minutes, highlighting key milestones and achievements.
- Be clear about why you are pursuing an MSBA and why Esade is a good fit for you. Know yourself, where you’ve been, where you want to go, and howEsade fits in your story.
- Treat the interview as a conversation. The interview is an opportunity not only to share your story, but also to learn from your interviewer.
- Showcase your personality, share what you are passionate about, and demonstrate how you can contribute to our community.
Remember to relax, be genuine and enjoy getting to know your interviewer. ”
Esade MSBA Frequently Asked Interview Questions
- Tell me something about yourself?
- Walk me through your resume?
- Why MSBA? Why Esade?
- Why MSBA now or Why MSBA at this stage of your career?
- What is your short & long term goals?
- What is your Plan B if consulting/Investment banking does not happen?
- What are your key strengths? Can you give some examples please?
- What is your biggest weakness ? Can you give some examples please?
- How can you add value to the Class?
- Why should we take you?
- One reason that we should not select you?
- Interests and Hobbies – Be prepared!.. questions as basic as “Why do you do poetry (or any other activity” may be asked.
- Some Situational & Behavioral Question
- What would you describe are your greatest achievement to date?
- Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?
- Give me an example of a time when you did not meet a client’s expectation. What happened, and how did you attempt to rectify the situation?
- Case questions are fairly common in MSBA interview especially for consulting aspirants. Below are a few sample for to practice for:
- How many Golf balls can fit in a Boeing 747?
- What’s the global market size for smartphones?
- Do you have any Question for us?