Arizona WP Carey MBA Interview
As per Arizona State University WP Carey School of Business ,“You have people here that are going to challenge you, that are going to be your advocates and going to give you that personal attention. We have such a commitment to quality… not only a strong academic foundation but also to our outcomes – ensuring that you are well-connected, that you have incredible faculty, students and staff that are truly dedicated to you.”
The Arizona WP Carey MBA interview is less about sharing particular experience (since your resume takes care of that) and more about introducing the admissions committee to the real you and what you can bring to the program and your classmates. That is what the Arizona WP Carey MBA Interview is all about.
Frequently Asked Interview Questions
- Introduce yourself
- Tell us 3 key learnings from your work experience.
- Why MBA
- Why do you want to do MBA at this stage in your life/ career
- One reason that we should not select you?
- What are your short- and long-term career goals? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tell us about a challenging situation that you faced? How did you resolve it?
- What are your greatest strengths? Give examples
- What are your weaknesses? Give examples
- What would you describe are your greatest achievement to date?
- Interests and Hobbies – Be prepared!.. questions as basic as “Why do you do poetry (or any other activity” may be asked.
- Do you have any questions for us?
Interview Transcript - 1
I had my interview on 22nd OCT. It lasted 1 hr for me. The interview was pretty good. To me common questions like Why ASU? Why MBA? Why Now? were NOT asked. They were just asking questions related to my professional experience.
Interview Transcript - 2
As others have also pointed out, there were no usual MBA interview questions like why MBA probably because they have read your profile and essays. The questions were related to my professional experience. There was an adcom member and a second year student and the interview lasted for 50 minutes. Neither I am too satisfied nor too unsatisfied so not sure what to expect…Keeping fingers crossed for now !
Interview Transcript - 3
I had my interview yesterday. basic questions. why mba, what specialization and why, examples of collaboration and reaction to changes, example of innovative idea, what other colleges i’m applying to..etc..nothing out of the ordinary…lasted around 50 minutes…
Interview Transcript - 4
I had my interview yesterday with an adcom member and a 2nd year student. It was a fairly relaxed interview, which lasted around 50 minutes. They asked me usual questions like why MBA, why Carey, other schools I am applying to, some behavioral questions – reaction to change, conflict etc. I was also given a brief case study to solve.
Overall a very good experience. Fingers crossed!